SOLD 1969 FJ40 LandCrusier In Saint Louis, MO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
green
20220305_130402.jpg
20220305_130303.jpg
20220305_130344.jpg
20220305_130413.jpg

The time has come to move on from my 1969 Toyota LandCruiser. I bought this thing in 2007 when i was in college. I fixed it just enough to run around in, and otherwise left it alone. About 10 years ago it was time to park it. I had a garage, and I stuck it in there for a future project. two years ago the garage rotted away, and now the cruiser is out in the world. I didn't get it fixed, and its time for it to go.

The Good:
Its all there. Its all reasonably solid. All the glass is fine.
It has a 4 on the floor, which replaced the 3 on the tree (by previous owner)
It has a power steering unit.
the floorboards are rusty but still solid.
Comes with an American Autowire Highway 15 wire harness kit
Has the rear jumpseats.
has the front seats (i put in cheesy seats since the I couldn't hit the breaks while in reverse with the stock seats, my knee would get jammed between the steering wheel and the shift lever).
I have the Oklahoma title. It hasn't been renewed in 10 years.

The Bad:
It doesn't run. It had a knock deep in the engine when i bought it. I just kept an eye on the oil pressure, kept an ear out for trouble, and drove the heck out of it. that knock got bad and I parked it. the engine is now locked up. It needs rebuilt regardless.
Its got some rust. the rear sill is a total loss. the rest of the rust is superficial, but getting worse.
The wiring was done by a collage kid, and is shot (But I bought a wiring harness to fix this).
Some pieces have been removed, but are still with the truck (rear axle, heater).

The Ugly.
I'm asking $8000. feel free to negotiate.

I bought it in 1997, not 2007. Time does fly. drove it for 15 years, parked it for 10. it was my daily driver my first 2 years after collage.

Okay, more photos
20220317_173404.jpg

Here you see the rust on the rear sill. this is the worst rust on the cruiser.

20220317_173413.jpg

Here is the rear quarter, you'll have to get the entire sill replaced, and cover over the patch holes

20220317_173505.jpg

Surface rust on the roof, plus you can see the glass

20220317_173516.jpg

Just random rust spots, this is the majority of what I've got. its bad, but not that bad.

20220317_173634.jpg

More random rust

And still more photos. rusty floorboards, but still solid. the window cranks both work great!. the hood is not original, mine was mangled when i bought it, so i got a replacement off a random guy who had a rusty spare.

20220317_173547.jpg

20220317_173634.jpg

20220317_173707.jpg

20220317_173810.jpg

20220317_173848.jpg

View attachment 2954950View attachment 2954958View attachment 2954959View attachment 2954960
The time has come to move on from my 1969 Toyota LandCruiser. I bought this thing in 2007 when i was in college. I fixed it just enough to run around in, and otherwise left it alone. About 10 years ago it was time to park it. I had a garage, and I stuck it in there for a future project. two years ago the garage rotted away, and now the cruiser is out in the world. I didn't get it fixed, and its time for it to go.

The Good:
Has the rear jumpseats.
has the front seats (i put in cheesy seats since the I couldn't hit the breaks while in reverse with the stock seats, my knee would get jammed between the steering wheel and the shift lever).

The Bad:
It doesn't run. It had a knock deep in the engine when i bought it. I just kept an eye on the oil pressure, kept an ear out for trouble, and drove the heck out of it. that knock got bad and I parked it. the engine is now locked up. It needs rebuilt regardless.
Its got some rust. the rear sill is a total loss. the rest of the rust is superficial, but getting worse.
The wiring was done by a collage kid, and is shot (But I bought a wiring harness to fix this).
Some pieces have been removed, but are still with the truck (rear axle, heater).

The Ugly.
I'm asking $4000. feel free to negotiate.

View attachment 2954950View attachment 2954958View attachment 2954959View attachment 2954960

The Good:
Has the rear jumpseats.

The Bad:

The Ugly.
I'm asking $8000. feel free to negotiate.
Is this still available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom