1969 fj40 carb guidance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy folks,

I am going through some rough times with my 40...I have tried to source a single barrel rebuild kit for the rig, and now I am stuck with two 2f rebuild kit, I ordered one from Radd Cruisers and the other from 4 wheel auto, I am having a hard time to establish a return on both of these kits. What I'd like to know is who can I actually give my money to for a rebuild kit and not get bent over. I really do not want to sell it, but I am certain there is a right vendor for my needs.

Take care,

Jif

Talk to Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters. I don't know whether he has the right kit, but he won't send you the wrong one.

With a bit of work and a few parts, you can install 2 barrel carb from 1970-74 Cruiser. Intake manifold from 71 cruiser would help. (runners leading to cylinders 1,2,5,&6 are narrower on 71 issue. Helps low end poop.)

Thank you for the lead Pin_Head, talked to Kurt, got refered to Sonny over at FJparts and decided to give one of his kits a go. This is my carb and the kit that I order straight out of Cali for Canadian use. I will update this thread once I confirm whether or not I get my happy ending.

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

att922d0.gif

Your carb is a pre3/69 carb... Could be the reason why you keep getting 2bbl carb kits... Or did you actually meen 2f kits?

What is stamped on your carb? There should be a date stamp...

See quote:

This is the first in a series of threads regarding how to identify production date of various Cruiser components.

Toyota (Aisan) carburetors from ~1963-present have a date code stamped on them.

It is stamped in small letters on the top front of the carb.

The format is Y M DD. Y is the last digit of the year (4=1964,1974,1984...), M is a letter of the alphabet corresponding sequentially to the month (A=jan, B=feb,...), and DD is the numeric day of the month.

Aisan throttle bodies on EFI vehicles have the same date code.
OEM fuel pumps also use the same date code.

Carbs prior to approx. 1963 have a funky letter code that I have not yet been able to make sense of. Anybody?:confused:

Pics to follow.

Thread w/pics:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/date-code-carb-identification.88356/

The following characters are listed on the stamped code of the carburetor: Aisan D40 8K1060151 and the part number I purchased is 04211-60112 / Fits Carburetor Part Number: 21100-60151. Within the string of that part number I saw a match with the stamp on my carb, it is worth a shot. Worst comes to worst I will do an upgrade on the carb and refresh the old boy, as much as I would like to keep it stock.

Hi Jiffy
Could you please do me a great favour ? If you could measure the pump discharge weight and the checkball with a caliper for me. When i rebuilt mine i noticed that they were missing and i would like to replace them. Iwè tried to serach for the parts in the classifieds with no success so hopefully i can get them from some other carbs if i know the size. The kit you probably are looking for is Keyster kit K11-353A
Best regars Sören

I have no idea where the check ball is, if you could point it out on one my of pics, I could measure it, I have a lot of time on my hands with this weekend being thanks giving.

Hi again,
I totally missed that Nuclearlemon offered me the parts earlier, so hopefully i will have them sent to me :).
But just for your knowlege i ll post a pic to show where they are placed
screenshot_2014-05-29-08-34-50-png.901975

Hopefully i wont need the measures but if so ill get back to you
/Sören

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom