1969 FJ-40 Land Cruiser, Georgia (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1969 Toyota FJ-40 Land Cruiser
Engine: Stock In-line six the 145 I think, lot's of torque, good oil pressure and no overheating, very clean under the hood.

Trans/Transfer: 2 speed transfer case with the vacuum lock to engage front not sure of a model number. Transmission is a 3 speed on the column, shifts smooth, no grinding, nice full pedal clutch.

Paint: Good condition, it is not the original paint, it is a dark red, the interior is a bedliner type of coating, probably LINE-X. This is also on the rails and under body.

Body: No rust, there has been a little repair on the rear fender area of the tub but nothing major and it looks good.Can't really tell there has been a repair there.

Axles: It has the original axles which are the yota's with the 3rd member chunks.They are both open diff's.Front is a Birfield style.

Top: Have all the pieces except doors and fiberglass top, have all the glass except one piece of curved. Have hinges rear door and glass and lift shocks for rear door, it's all painted and not rusty.

Overall condition is good, it is one of the nicest 69 models I have ever seen. It is all original besides the wheels and tires. It has 33x11.50x15 BFG All terrains 85% tread, no patches or plugs, no scuffing. Cruiser has not been wheeled off-road since I have owned it and previous owner did'nt even know how to actuate the front axle so it's been a street rig mall crawler. It has excellent heat and also the heater core in the rear for rear heat. The only bad is that it has 4 wheel drum brakes, the shoes are half life and there are no fluid leaks, but it pulls to the right a little when hard braking and will stick if it has not been driven for a few days, not enough to not drive but will need attention within a few thousand miles I'd say. Besides that it is a very sound vehicle and hits the road better than my stock 94 YJ. It has plenty of power and is dependable. I drive it to work 44 miles 2-3 times a week. It does not leak any fluids that I can see, always clean underneath.All the lights and blinkers work and the wiring is in very good shape all over the rig.The seats have belts and are in good shape. They are no intermitten problems and it could easily be a daily driver. Best to PM me on here or justinmarine@yahoo.com or 1-706-499-7500 Justin,
PRICE: $4500
TRADES: ALL THAT I WILL BE INTERESTED IN IS A SET OF 44X18.50X15 TIRES WIDTH IS NOT THAT IMPORTANT AS I KNOW IT CHANGES FROM TSL'S TO BOGGERS AND SO ON.ALSO POSSIBLE A GOOD STRONG 350 MOTOR OR COMPLETE TBI 350 MOTOR. THANKS

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=765674
1969 FJ-40 001.jpg
1969 FJ-40 002.jpg
1969 FJ-40 004.jpg

Last edited:
Clarkesville? haha I live in Demorest. You ever see my red FJ60 Driving around? If I were in town I'd swing by and check it out.

Bump to the top for a Georgia 40!

Yea I know I had to delete..............sorry, but I can email pics If you would like and if someone could post them that would be great, thanks

Weekend Bump for ya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom