1969 Bezel Availability? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

16782198133795893244240319038697.jpg

@NCFarmboy here's a straight on shot

Here is some technical info on the OEM bezel and the aftermarket stamped "LAND CRUISER" bezel. As you can see below, OEM flared/rolled edge vs Aftermarket straight cut edge, there is a 1/4" height difference, hence the noticeable gap when the aftermarket one is installed.

IMG_3061.jpg
IMG_3062.jpg

IMG_3063.jpg
IMG_3064.jpg

@GA Architect

Good resource so those can tell if they have oem or reproduction… thanks for posting up the comparison

These were also made in Pakistan a number of years ago. Weren't those originals with the letters pressed in by hand? These were also made out of fiberglass until Toyota's lawyers were threatening law suits. I know back in the early eighties I got my first one. Second one was in the nineties. Those are originals.

These were also made in Pakistan a number of years ago. Weren't those originals with the letters pressed in by hand? These were also made out of fiberglass until Toyota's lawyers were threatening law suits. I know back in the early eighties I got my first one. Second one was in the nineties. Those are originals.
For reference, mine came from SA....probably this thread in 2016: < click here > Ultimately, they are wall art as I do not like the gap left by the non-rolled edge, as seen above.

For reference, mine came from SA....probably this thread in 2016: < click here > Ultimately, they are wall art as I do not like the gap left by the non-rolled edge, as seen above.

There was someone else making fiberglass bezels. Making fiberglass parts was more of a hobby not a business. That person was the one I was referring to. Seems once the round corner bezel became NLA Toyota backed off. Funny because I doubt reproduced stamped bezel had very little to do with the sale of the non stamped bezel. When I got mine I was not looking for a replacement bezel which I had spare just stamped bezels.

Saw this bezel in my FB feed last night posted by a Colombian shop, where most of such aftermarket pieces come from:

Lots of other stuff shown as well. All appear to be hand pounded quality. ;)

Saw this bezel in my FB feed last night posted by a Colombian shop, where most of such aftermarket pieces come from:

Lots of other stuff shown as well. All appear to be hand pounded quality. ;)

Looks like they understand about how the dash looked from 78-82. Just too bad they look to all be non heater cowls with a working vent which is a leak point I would prefer to avoid using a late model heater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom