1968 speedo cable routing through firewall (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello - I'm replacing my speedometer cable on my '68. The previous one routed through the firewall with the column shifter, which I think can't be correct given all the posts and information I've found online. That being said, where is the correct place for it to go through the firewall? sor, always a source of fantastic information, has this graphic which shows two holes with dedicated grommets - one for the speedo cable, one for the wiring harness:

184FirewallGommet.jpg

My firewall seems to have only one hole, through which I've routed the driver's side wiring harness. here's a pic of it.

IMG_1482.jpeg

I'm thinking I may have routed the wiring harness incorrectly, but not sure where else it would come through the firewall. Any suggestions on where the speedo cable should poke through?

thanks very much in advance.

Yeah I'm a dummy. Speedo is right here.

thumbnail_IMG_42191.jpg

A pic as it routes downward. Do you have the harness "hold downs" or whatever that thing is called?

thumbnail_IMG_7124.jpg

Hello - I'm replacing my speedometer cable on my '68. The previous one routed through the firewall with the column shifter, which I think can't be correct given all the posts and information I've found online. That being said, where is the correct place for it to go through the firewall? sor, always a source of fantastic information, has this graphic which shows two holes with dedicated grommets - one for the speedo cable, one for the wiring harness:

View attachment 3238084

My firewall seems to have only one hole, through which I've routed the driver's side wiring harness. here's a pic of it.

View attachment 3238087

I'm thinking I may have routed the wiring harness incorrectly, but not sure where else it would come through the firewall. Any suggestions on where the speedo cable should poke through?

thanks very much in advance.
Is that firewall schematic for specific years? Could you point me to where you found that? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom