For Sale 1968 FJ40 w/12-HT Diesel and H55F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Black
1968 Toyota FJ40 Toyota 12-HT Turbo Diesel and H55F 5 speed manual transmission. I bought this FJ 8 years ago with the original 6 cylinder gas engine and 3 speed transmission. Over the years I have continued to make improvements to all aspects of the car (see full list of details below). All the work was performed by TorFab (Torfab » The NW destination for Land Cruisers parts and service, including complete one-off custom built Cruisers, maintenance, suspension, and expedition builds) located in Everett, WA. I hate to sell as it is so close to being a very dialed restomod, but with a Baby on the way and a move in my future it has to be done.

UPGRADES

Toyota 12-HT turbo diesel w/5 speed manual transmission
Power steering
Front ARB air locker
Rear ARB air locker
Large ARB air compressor
Corbeau sport bucket seats
Tuffy locking center console
Metaltech 4X4 rear bumper
33X12.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws + full size spare
Original FJ40 Hard Top
Original FJ40 Canvas Top
Original FJ40 Bikini Top
Toyota Slotted Disc Breaks front and rear
Over 26K in upgrades alone

Asking $30,000 OBO

IMG_8657.jpeg

IMG_8658.jpeg

IMG_8659.jpeg

IMG_8660.jpeg

IMG_2203.jpg

Any engine pics? Was the motor rebuilt? Is it still 24v or did you convert it to 12v?
Any rust under that diamond plate?

Any engine pics? Was the motor rebuilt? Is it still 24v or did you convert it to 12v?
Any rust under that diamond plate?

I am new to using the Forum hopefully these pics come through. Yes the motor was torn down and rebuilt by Tor Fab. There is zero rust on the body I stripped everything down to put the bucket seats in and LineX the tub when I first got it. I bought the 40 off the original 40 who was an older gentleman in Spokane, WA where he garaged kept it as he tinkered on it in the evenings. I have no clue why he thought it needed diamond plate... When I purchased the 40 I started working with TorFab right away to turn it into the FJ40 I always wanted, diesel, power steering, stronger breaks, etc. I always kept her in a heated garage and drove it on the weekends or to and from work which was a 5 mile commute each way. Like I said in the original post I hate to see it go and had so many dreams of keeping this 40 for ever, but I guess this is the first of many things a kid is going to change.

pic 1 you can see the cross hatch pattern on the cylinder walls from the rebuild.

pic 2 is the installed 12-HT.

I also have a video of start up, walk around, etc, but could not figure out how to attach it. If you DM with email I can send you all of that information and anything else your curious about.

thanks for the interest,

mat Jackson

WP_20150522_008.jpg

IMG_2813.JPG

I'm sure mechanically it's solid. But the diamond plate is a turn off. Honestly, if it were in Denver and 12k I would buy it!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom