1968 FJ40 Tail Pipe Hanger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle did not have a hanger near the end of the tailpipe, I have the proper hanger and clamp, but do not know where it mounts on the vehicle. Any diagrams I found, show the hanger on the pipe, but not where it is on the vehicle.

Anyone have a photo?

Thanks.

OK, please ignore this request. I figured things out.

The tailpipe exits straight rearward, not out the side, so I will have to make a hanger.

Sorry.

Yes, that was mounted behind drivers side rear axle, nothing attached. Since the tailpipe exits at the rear under the bumperette, I will relocate the mount/isolator.

Factory there a hanger with a vibration isolator that bolts to the outside of the frame.
Yes, that was mounted behind drivers side rear axle, nothing attached. Since the tailpipe exits at the rear under the bumperette, I will relocate the mount/isolator.

Have 2 of these EXACT Period correct TOYOTA Genuine Parts JAPAN NOS NEW OLD STOCK Tail pipe Brackets or hangers with the VULCANIZED rubber block netween the 2 pieces of Steel

plese let me know how i can further help

PM me

thanks

ToyotaMatt,

Thanks, I was able to fabricate a bracket to adapt the original hanger to the frame.

On my vehicle the pipe exits rearward of the bumper, not out the side.

ToyotaMatt,

Thanks, I was able to fabricate a bracket to adapt the original hanger to the frame.

On my vehicle the pipe exits rearward of the bumper, not out the side.
It exits to the side for a reason.

I'm sure it does.

Just following how my '58 corvette exhaust is routed, thru the rear bumper. And my wife's XT5, under the rear bumper. Seems OK there. I see manyt examples of the exhaust routing at the rear under the bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom