1968 FJ40 Shackle Mount Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

One of my rear shackle mounts is busted and I plan to replace both. Any suggestions on either replacement parts or things to keep in mind are welcome. She's mostly road driven and only sees mild trails on occassion. There are many suspension threads here but if you have a favorite for upgrading the ride on a 90% road vehicle I'd be very interested.

Thanks

2023-06-08 19.38.16.jpg

2023-06-08 19.38.20.jpg

2023-06-08 19.38.49.jpg

I think you're probably looking at one of the following:

• Having one made and installed (or yourself if you have the skills)
  • Finding a donor frame and pulling that part
  • Rewelding the old one in place
I'm pretty sure you won't find any replacements off the shelf for that.

Good luck!

BTB sells them it looks like. I'd be willing to bet somewhere like RedLine sells them as well.

Looks like the same set is available from Man-a-Fre

My guess is folks like Valley Hybrids or RedLine might have options as well

You'll still need someone to weld it on for you.

The best thing I've done to upgrade the ride on my truck was moving to a fresh set of shocks and a Old Man Emu 2.5" lift kit. I would say, over my sagged (nice and soft) stock springs they were a marginal improvement in ride at best. Most of the "gain" in ride comfort was removing the load leveler shocks the truck had been running which left it way over-sprung. It still doesn't ride like a cadillac, but it's a leaf-sprung truck with a 90 inch wheel base...It's not supposed to ride smooth!

BTB sells them it looks like. I'd be willing to bet somewhere like RedLine sells them as well.

Looks like the same set is available from Man-a-Fre

My guess is folks like Valley Hybrids or RedLine might have options as well

You'll still need someone to weld it on for you.

The best thing I've done to upgrade the ride on my truck was moving to a fresh set of shocks and a Old Man Emu 2.5" lift kit. I would say, over my sagged (nice and soft) stock springs they were a marginal improvement in ride at best. Most of the "gain" in ride comfort was removing the load leveler shocks the truck had been running which left it way over-sprung. It still doesn't ride like a cadillac, but it's a leaf-sprung truck with a 90 inch wheel base...It's not supposed to ride smooth!

Well I guess you learn something everyday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom