SOLD 1968 FJ40 Frame Off Starter or 1978 Hard Top Parts - San Diego (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bmoonhajjar

GOLD Star
Threads
**SOLD** - Everything is sold with the exception of the Ambulance Doors which I will be listing in a separate thread. Thanks to all of you who purchased these parts.

Looks like this one is getting parted out. Sold a few items, so the "Buy It All" price is no longer valid. I have updated parts available below.

I bought this FJ40 from a MUD'er up in Palos Verdes, CA last week because it was cheaper to buy the whole thing from him than to just buy the parts I needed for my build. I am not really looking for another project but this would be a great option for someone willing to start a build. I am listing it here, because I am willing to part it out, but I would rather someone come down here and take the entire thing. It is Titled in CA as a 1968 frame and chassis, and the tub is definitely 68 era. The top is obviously off of a later model and the top parts are in ridiculously great condition.

The guy I bought it from was going to build it with his son, and it was gifted to him from his mother, who was the original owner of the car. I think once they got into it, it looked like a lot more work than it was worth. In talking to the grandson, it sounds like he is going to get one of the new Ford Bronco's instead.

The body seems to be in good starting condition although there is rust on the rear sill. At some point the top was purchased for a later FJ40 and combined with the 1968 tub and frame (see pics). The car has no original engine or transmission, so it would be a great starter for someone who wanted to do a V8 conversion. It has the Advance Adapters kit already mounted for the V8 and the tunnel has had some minor cutting done. It also had a GM power steering conversion and the steering box and adapter is still on the frame. A new painless wiring loom was on the car, and was carefully removed and stored by the previous owner.

Interior is missing seats, but still have the gauges and other hardware. Transfer case is disassembled and cleaned, and has a new gasket set and shift linkage for it. All glass is included with the exception of the windshield which was broken during disassembly. The fiberglass top, doors, ambulance doors and side panels are all in great condition. This is a great starter for a frame off restoration as long as you were not concerned about being period correct. The fiberglass top is in really good condition with minimal surface rust on the rail and only minor spider cracking on the top.

I have not taken pictures of all of the parts but it looks pretty complete. I figure if it does not sell as a whole I will part it out. It does have a CA Title w/ CA Black Plates.

Asking $7000 for the entire package, but if there is no interest I would part it out as follows:

Front Doors w/ glass - $1500 - SOLD!!!
Ambulance Doors w glass - $1200
Fiberglass Top - $600 SOLD!!!
Hard Top Sides w/ glass - $1000 SOLD!!!
Rolling Chassis w/ CA Title - $3500 - SOLD!!!
Complete Tub & Cowl - $2000 - SOLD!!!
Hood - $400 - SOLD!!!
Windshield Frame w/o glass - $300 - SOLD!!!

Hard Top Complete.jpg

Last edited:
I bought this FJ40 from a MUD'er up in Palos Verdes, CA last week because it was cheaper to buy the whole thing from him than to just buy the parts I needed for my build. I am not really looking for another project but this would be a great option for someone willing to start a build. I am listing it here, because I am willing to part it out, but I would rather someone come down here and take the entire thing. It is Titled in CA as a 1968 frame and chassis, and the tub is definitely 68 era. The top is obviously off of a later model and the top parts are in ridiculously great condition.

The guy I bought it from was going to build it with his son, and it was gifted to him from his mother, who was the original owner of the car. I think once they got into it, it looked like a lot more work than it was worth. In talking to the grandson, it sounds like he is going to get one of the new Ford Bronco's instead.

The body seems to be in good starting condition although there is rust on the rear sill. At some point the top was purchased for a later FJ40 and combined with the 1968 tub and frame (see pics). The car has no original engine or transmission, so it would be a great starter for someone who wanted to do a V8 conversion. It has the Advance Adapters kit already mounted for the V8 and the tunnel has had some minor cutting done. It also had a GM power steering conversion and the steering box and adapter is still on the frame. A new painless wiring loom was on the car, and was carefully removed and stored by the previous owner.

Interior is missing seats, but still have the gauges and other hardware. Transfer case is disassembled and cleaned, and has a new gasket set and shift linkage for it. All glass is included with the exception of the windshield which was broken during disassembly. The fiberglass top, doors, ambulance doors and side panels are all in great condition. This is a great starter for a frame off restoration as long as you were not concerned about being period correct. The fiberglass top is in really good condition with minimal surface rust on the rail and only minor spider cracking on the top.

I have not taken pictures of all of the parts but it looks pretty complete. I figure if it does not sell as a whole I will part it out. It does have a CA Title w/ CA Black Plates.

Asking $7000 for the entire package, but if there is no interest I would part it out as follows:

Front Doors w/ glass - $1500
Ambulance Doors w glass - $1200
Fiberglass Top - $600
Hard Top Sides w/ glass - $1000
Rolling Chassis w/ CA Title - $3500
Complete Tub & Cowl - $2000
Hood - $400
Windshield Frame w/o glass - $300

View attachment 2408456
How much if I buy the hard top, sides, and ambulance doors. What can you do here man?

Sent you a pm...I will take the hard top

May be interested in the doors. Where in SD are you located?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom