1968 FJ40 Clutch Hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for clutch hose for 1968 FJ40, NLA.

The brake hoses look like they have the same fittings, but shorter, although the rear looks the same but longer, which would not be an issue, quite reasoinable in cost.

Does anyone have any info of replacement hoses, perhaps Dorman brand?

Thanks

I don't believe you'll find the 9mm hoses, IIRC for my 70 fj40 I had to get the 10mm(74+) lines.

Yes, Toyota traditionally used the same fittings for both brake and clutch hoses.
I had my clutch hose made locally. Lots of shops can make hoses, I like the Parker stores. They might even be able to find your 9mm fittings.

I think this should work.

Looking for clutch hose for 1968 FJ40, NLA.

The brake hoses look like they have the same fittings, but shorter, although the rear looks the same but longer, which would not be an issue, quite reasoinable in cost.

Does anyone have any info of replacement hoses, perhaps Dorman brand?

Thanks
My clutch line (11/69) was 11mm and my brake lines were 9mm. The PO converted the brakes to 10mm when he swapped in a dual circuit master. Clutch is still 11mm. I have not changed the hose but used the old fittings to replace my failed hard line

I did see the city racer hose, but thought if I could find a brake hose it would be less costly

If your connections are in fact 10mm, a rear brake hose from a 90’s T100 works? I tried looking because it’s what I used on my 71, but I can’t find the part number.

I believe the connection to be 11 mm. A 10 mm or 3/8 bolt is loose in the female end, 7/16 tight.

Dorman support sent some P/N's for me to look at, 18 inches long 10 mm threads. I will ask if they have anything in 11.

I believe the connection to be 11 mm. A 10 mm or 3/8 bolt is loose in the female end, 7/16 tight.

Dorman support sent some P/N's for me to look at, 18 inches long 10 mm threads. I will ask if they have anything in 11.
I considered just swapping everything over to the later model 10mm stuff. There are multiple kits. The only reason I didnt was time and the ease of replacing a hard line with the existing fittings. If it starts becoming too expensive, switching may start to make more sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom