SOLD 1968 and 1970 FJ 40 projects in central Florida (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Red
8F5FB201-9076-4BFB-B279-6E0D7C1B8BDE.jpeg

006E3B96-585C-4089-9B77-212C7E986B3C.jpeg

I’ve just run out of time and energy. I have 2FJ 40s. One is a 1968 and one is a 1970, both titled and insured. I was planning to finish them both. The red one is original, three on the tree. It has rust in the standard places and I have the patch panels ready for welding. I spent several thousand bucks on having the front end rebuilt and other mechanical work probably five years ago and it has sat in the garage ever since. I have a new fuel tank that goes under the passenger seat and assorted extra parts.

The second one, the orange one as you can see has been painted, it has a new CORBEAU seats. It was recently gone through and had all new brake lines installed and a master cylinder. It is a three speed on the floor and I believe I have the parts to convert it back to three on the tree. The prior owner put a gas tank in the rear and I recently removed it to install the tailgate. To be functional, it needs the carb rebuilt and a muffler.

Engines and drive trains are all original.

I’d like these two to go to an enthusiast who will finish the job and will enjoy them as I had planned. I’m almost to 70 now and just have too many projects floating around. I would sell everything for 12,500 as a package and I’m not negotiable on the price, I think this would be a steal for somebody.

I’ve been a lurker on the forum for quite a while now and I’ve gotten a lot of helpful information.

Greetings…

Is the drive train original/complete in each vehicle for the respective year? What additional parts are included for each?
Any mods IE disk brakes. How are the frames? Can you post additional photos?

The additional pics will help you greatly here…

Thanks-

Thanks for the tip. No disc brakes, everything is original to my knowledge. The orange one, 1968 was converted to a floor shift, three speed. As I indicated I think I have the parts from the steering column. I will try to post some more pictures, thanks again.

The carburetor was draining down on the orange one so I pulled it off to have it rebuilt. It drives pretty well. The red one ran well last time I ran it maybe three years ago, it hasn’t run since because I wanted to have the patch panels welded in before replacing the gas tank. Red one needs a cluster, I think it’s showing about 75,000 miles which I believe to be original.

I’m going to buy a Jeep Wrangler to flat tow behind a motorhome so I just need to free up some garage space.

I'm having a hard time distinguishing any body panel lines between the fenders/aprons, and apron/bib on the orange truck. Is that front clip fiberglass?

I'm having a hard time distinguishing any body panel lines between the fenders/aprons, and apron/bib on the orange truck. Is that front clip fiberglass?
Good catch, it’s not fiberglass and I recall the painter filled it in when he prepped. He was all proud of the job. In hindsight I’m not sure that was the right thing to do. It was kind of one of those things where I dropped it off at the body shop and asked him to call me when it was done.

I was looking at the body lift?? there is space between the frame and bib, no hinge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom