1967 Nissan Patrol (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you could just find a body and frame in good shape, I think it would be pretty awesome to have that era of patrol riding on, say, cruiser axles, with either a toyota diesel or a vortec, pushing an H55. It'd be a lot easier to find parts, but you'd still have a one-of-a-kind rig that would be just about bomb-proof.

Usually the axle swap goes the other way: Nissan Patrol axles to Cruiser. ;) The same goes for Nissan boxes. This vehicle was the first vehicle to successfully cross the Simpson desert. It's made tough from the start. Same goes for the Nissan diesel engines with the exception of the 3.0L common rail grenade. The 4.8L gassers are the most commonly used dune climb racing rigs in the Middle East putting out 600 - 1000+ hp.

That price seems too good to be true.. Or is it just me?

I'd agree with you. I've seen rusty ones go for nearly the same price on Fleebay.

I bet parts for those are hard to come by...

See my post above. Depends on your definition of "hard to come by". Have to order from out of country - fairly easy. Pick-up at my local NAPA - not likely going to happen.

Nope. I was thinking that too. [strike]I'll bet an email will result in some offer of using some broker because he's out of the country or some such.[/strike]

I sent an email. Seems legit. I'm going to post it on the For Sale forum.

Last edited:
I would LOVE to own that. Someone in Chico I think has one in parts for sale for $1200... Said it had chevy running gear and Toyota axles. I was tempted to go check it out.. but don't really need anymore cars or trucks righ tnow. The wife and I are up to 7 between the two of us. Insurense is getting to be pricey.

If you could just find a body and frame in good shape, I think it would be pretty awesome to have that era of patrol riding on, say, cruiser axles, with either a toyota diesel or a vortec, pushing an H55. It'd be a lot easier to find parts, but you'd still have a one-of-a-kind rig that would be just about bomb-proof.

Agree!

FJ60 axles or better yet 80-series axles
5.3L or 4BT
H55 or NV4500 to split case or Atlas
Mild lift & 35's

perfect!

:popcorn:

Usually the axle swap goes the other way: Nissan Patrol axles to Cruiser. ;) The same goes for Nissan boxes. This vehicle was the first vehicle to successfully cross the Simpson desert. It's made tough from the start. Same goes for the Nissan diesel engines with the exception of the 3.0L common rail grenade. The 4.8L gassers are the most commonly used dune climb racing rigs in the Middle East putting out 600 - 1000+ hp.

One problem with all that for folks in the USA, importation. All those great axles and motors and transmissions have to be imported. All we got here is old school Patrol stuff and not much of it. If the stuff was here I would agree with you 100%.

It is not so toss the Cruiser gear in it, it isn't like it is junk gear. :rolleyes:

I am lucky though....I got some mid-80's built Patrol axles, a 5spd & t-case and a SD33T diesel going into a 77 Patrol Ute body and frame. It even has a 5 digit Wyoming title! :)

FYI, FJ40 axles go under a Patrol with very little mods, many Patrollers have fitted FJ40 axles when the stock one died. There is no lockers for the USA Patrol axles too so that is a great reason to toss some Cruiser axles under one, no gears too so another great reason. I am a serious Patrolhead but I really feel the only reason to keep it stock is if you want that or are a pursuitis. The stock axles are strong and great for what they are but again no lockers, no gears no upgrades and hard to get parts for. Why not swap in something like Cruiser axles and just enjoy the old beast!?

:cheers:

The green soft top in the OP link is the real deal. it has been floating around California and Patrollers for some time. Just check the body with a magnet before buying that isn't original paint.

And motor rebuild kits are available in the USA so not everything has to be imported. Body parts too! ;)