Builds 1967 Fj45LV Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tahoe40/45

SILVER Star
Threads
This started 5 years ago when I bought my first 67 LV.It had no engine or tranny,but did have almost everything else,seats,switches ,jack....and a extremely rusted out upper front door jams and windshield pilers.It was stored for a couple of years then last summer I was able to start the project,but after poking around with a screw driver I realized the rust had won this battle for now.The rust was worse than I had thought.Then one morning in Sept 2008,I was looking at the 45 classified section and saw that there was a LV for sale near me with a better body than mine.(Thanks Orangefj45 for posting that Craigslist ad :cheers:).So I went to look at it,and bought it the same day.It had some j-hooks bolted to the outside,most of the floors in passenger areas were gone,parts of the roof were rusted but not to bad,some dents on the rear quarter panels,and rear sill. Other than that it was in good shape.Now the fun begins.
IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0002.jpg
IMG_0003.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a great rig.A lot less rust than I see on mine.Are you going to keep it SOA? What are your plans for drive train?

More pics.:D

Its already back to spring under,with a 2.5 inch shackle lift.For now its going to be all stock,except the lift and a 2F engine.

Last edited:
New Floor

I got a new floor pan from Mike(treerootCO) last summer,intending to put it in my original rig,thoes plans changed,so it went into the newer one.So I started to remove the body from the frame.I got really lucky with this LV,out of the 8 body mounts where the threads are in the body only 3 broke. Using getto Egyptian technology I separated the body from the frame.Sent the frame to get sand blasted,the started on the floor. Most of the original pan was already gone,so a small part of taking it out was done.
IMG_0141.jpg
IMG_0142.jpg

Pulling the frame out,40 helping the 45,front end not high enough had to dig down so the rear end of the frame could clear,and pre painting bottom of pan.
IMG_0148.jpg
IMG_0159.jpg
IMG_0190.jpg

Last edited:
I used some more POR 15 in all the hidden channels,got some in the pilers also.Some weld through primer on the spot weld areas,and was ready to put the floor in.I thought that this was going to be a pain in the *** to get it in,but had it in and mostly lined up in about a half hour.Had to bend the rear passenger floor a little to get in.It fit pretty good,I did have a gap on the front passenger side where the two lips meet(where the weather stripping slides over on the floor and spot welds are)Besides that I have a new floor.
IMG_0246.jpg
IMG_0250.jpg
IMG_0258.JPG

Nice work.Looking good.:clap:

Nice work, I like these type of builds keep up the good work.

When I was installing the floor, I used the transmission hump to help with alinement.The stock tranny hump that came with rig didn't come close to lining up.Bolt holes were off,the arc on the rear end of the hump was to shallow,so it would not sit flush with the floor.I grabbed the hump off of the parts rig,it fit mostly perfect.I had to re-aline some holes,patch the hole from a floor shifter,re tap the heater hose bracket holes.
IMG_0286.JPG
IMG_0296.jpg
IMG_0293.jpg

I modified the fire wall so I could use a cable throttle.I left some of the old linkage holes,just incase I ever switch it back to stock.
IMG_0222.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom