Builds 1967 Fj45LV Restoration (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is your LV stock colors? Freeborn Red and ??? White? It's an awesome color combo.... and the original colors of my LV.
No its not the stock colors, close though. I got lazy at that point of the restoration, I didn't have a good paint sample for my painter to try and copy, and he said he couldn't find the colors in the system?? So just went with something they stock.
Original colors should be, Seminol Red and Lily White.

This thing is amazing. I was driving around the North Shore in my 40 yesterday. Tahoe and cruisers go together great.

Thanks for the info on the paint colors. As many on this thread have stated, it REALLY looks good. Definitely pay tribute to the original red/white combo with modern colors. If you can dig out the actual paint codes, it would be great to have for reference.

Here are the codes I have
IMG_2118.JPG

Almost done. I finally put the visors in that i got from JP. Then i took them for a test ride. View attachment 1516710

What or who is JP? regarding the sun visors? I will need some I am sure. Thanks Mark

Edit, It has been so long, I cannot remember if I have mud flaps or not. Are these still available? Info on these too would be appreciated.

JP is a fellow Mudder on the east coast (ClemsonCruiser), he just happened to have some for sale. There are two different styles, mine are the later type, i think only 1967. Earlier style mounted to the upper windshield frame, and didn't lock in above the rear view mirror.

SOR has the mud flaps still, $72 for club members and $85 reg price each.

Last edited:
I have bought the SOR mud flaps and have to say in all honesty they are poor poor quality. Especially for the money. Rubber used is a compound that redly tears. To "save" my investment I have rubber cemented them to some real live mud flap material and will trim the sides and hand cut the bottom.

Eric

What or who is JP? regarding the sun visors? I will need some I am sure. Thanks Mark

I'm JP and you may remember I bought a LV from you ;)

Sorry for the hi-jack Antony

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom