1967 FJ40 w/ Right Hand Drive (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to purchase a RHD but cant seem to find a lot of information regarding what a pain it might be to find parts for the restoration. Are the RHD any more valuable?

All help/knowledge is appreciated.

I think that 95% of your parts are interchangeable, just steering linkage etc, but not exactly sure. They are more rare here in the states, but all over Aussie where I am sure you can find hard to get parts...for a price. I have two DJ5 "mail carrier" jeeps that are RHD, and its kind of a kick being on the wrong side of the vehicle. My first FJ40 was a 67', loved it, really like the round blinkers and even the 3 on the tree. I like your tag "Muchbroker", it will get worse owning an FJ40 :D
Good Luck, POST PICS!!

I have an '82 RHD and have zero problems getting parts. For the few things that aren't interchangable (steering gear, in particular) you might have to order from overseas, but the Aussie vendors like Roodogs are happy to deal with the US.

I suspect a '67 will be a bit more difficult, however... but still not impossible.

Thank you guys for the information, makes me feel much more comforatble about putting this deal together.

Hopefully be sending pictures by the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom