For Sale 1967 FJ40 Southern California (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Yellow
Very rare and very clean! No rust! Three speed manual transmission, rebuilt engine all original! Shifts smooth and 4x4 works great. Acquired it from the second owner in Seattle about a year ago. He had it in Phoenix were he bought it from the original owner in the 1990s. He had it up in Seattle (garaged kept always) for about a year before listing it for sale…previous owner rebuilt engine, trans and transfer case…has near new tires—-beautiful FJ ready for a new home (wife wants to turn our garage in to her gym….New Years Resolution…..so the FJ has got to go. Put it on EBay this summer and it hit $32800, but buyer drug the deal out for over a month and was unable to finalize the deal. So here we go again! Asking $26,900 obo……please let me kn
123E0A72-B5AB-4FF0-9891-298BD3D483B9.jpeg
ow what questions you have. I have over 100 pictures and a few videos I can send you also.

A3AD4055-0E06-4B0F-B4C1-9D3DEE4EB490.jpeg
B94E88BB-52C5-40B4-977B-36C32062E988.jpeg
A3AD4055-0E06-4B0F-B4C1-9D3DEE4EB490.jpeg
1AD03871-B090-463B-9347-D233A3C6C275.jpeg
ACFED2FA-0EE8-4615-896D-7D928178A6E4.jpeg

That's a very nice FJ40.
It's not really all original. You may want to be careful about that term on here. The auxiliary gas tank, mirrors, rear ambulance doors, carpet, and dash mounted mirror are just a start. I don't think that yellow was a 1967 color either.

Well, I guess I could spend the $27k and finally get that 67 mirror I need ;)

That's a very nice FJ40.
It's not really all original. You may want to be careful about that term on here. The auxiliary gas tank, mirrors, rear ambulance doors, carpet, and dash mounted mirror are just a start. I don't think that yellow was a 1967 color either

Meant to be read as all original mechanical parts— engine, trans and transfer case
What's up with the turnbuckles on the front of the hood?

You’re going to be hard pressed to find someone on this forum who will give you even half of what you’re asking for that Cruiser. Earl shive went crazy on that paint job and painted over items that aren’t meant to be painted. The picture of the rear just barley shows the funky wiring and you can zoom in and see just how shoddy the re paint job was. Remember 67 didn’t have ambulance doors , the mirror is hacked in wrong, the wiring and lights in the hard top are wrong….sh…t I’ll just stop now, I’m thinking this was a SA cruiser that got shipped into the US and the previous seller lied to you. This is not a 30k cruiser or even a 15k one, maybe 7-10k if you’re lucky.

Last edited:
You’re going to be hard pressed to find someone on this forum who will give you even half of what you’re asking for that Cruiser. Earl shive went crazy on that paint job and painted over items that aren’t meant to be painted. The picture of the rear just barley shows the funky wiring and you can zoom in and see just how shoddy the re paint job was. Remember 67 didn’t have ambulance doors , the mirror is hacked in wrong, the wiring and lights in the hard top are wrong….sh…t I’ll just stop now, I’m thinking this was a SA cruiser that got shipped into the US and the previous seller lied to you. This is not a 30k cruiser or even a 15k one, maybe 7-10k if you’re lucky.
Think you are full of sh&t, but you are entitled to your opinion…..I guess!!

there are enough of us here that will give you honest opinions.

there are a few questions or comments just looking at the pics posted above:
is the interior a different color than the outside?
the ambulance doors look or are homemade
extra holes in the top of the interior windshield frame
all the extra wiring along the inside of the hardtop
the lack of fixing/repairing the door limitors so there is a rubber bumper on the fender
painted hood spear
under the hood is not painted
bib hinge??
missing bolts in the fan inlet grill and the not original horn
4 heater hoses on the passenger floor board
latch? at the top of the driver door
fender turn signals are leaning forward
no battery hold down

at your price point, I would think the stuff above wouldn't be there

Last edited:
Actually, your description is factually inaccurate. Remember this is an enthusiast forum. Many folks here are very knowledgeable about FJ40s, even expert, and intolerant of hyperbole. FleaBay prices are one thing, Mud prices another. In other words, don't expect OverpricedBay prices here on Mud. I saw your first pic and read your description. Your rig presents reasonably well. But my first thought after reading "all original" was "BS: Wheels, paint (engine compartment, engine, body), ambulance doors, carpet, mirrors, whatever those barb things on the hood are, the overspray on the hood spear, the upholstery ... I could go on ... all not original, so why make that obviously incorrect assertion?" I get it, you're trying to sell your rig and present it in the best possible light, and I wish you all the best in your efforts. As tough as it is (been there, done that), change course. Mud guys can be an unsparing bunch. Learn as much as you can and re-write your ad to be factually accurate. If it passes muster here, you can post anywhere, say, back on EvilBay, BaT, or anywhere else. You'll probably get a "fair" price here on Mud (if it sells here) but not if you tell us we're "full of sh&t" cuz ... well, chances are it's not Mud guys who are full of it. You'll get more money on those other sites, and more honey here if you're nice. Good luck, man. And peace.

Just skip the negative here and stick it back on ebay / offerup and craigslist bro. It's a really nice truck for someone out there. The group of "purists" here will just pick it to pieces, just because that's what they (some of them) do. The market out there will tell you what it's worth. Best of luck and thanks for joining the forum and sharing details about your truck.

This was for sale locally in SoCal and on Ebay, a long time before it ended up here - the outside market has spoken or it would have been sold

I see the comments here more as an authenticity check, than a negativity pile on, this board can be tough, but extremely fair in my years as a member

If something is not as advertised/represented, should it not be pointed out?

This was for sale locally in SoCal and on Ebay, a long time before it ended up here - the outside market has spoken or it would have been sold

I see the comments here more as an authenticity check, than a negativity pile on, this board can be tough, but extremely fair in my years as a member

If something is not as advertised/represented, should it not be pointed out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom