1967 fj40 right front wheel cylinder piston pushing out and locking brake problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1652543049118.jpeg

I have a 67 also and experienced this same issue when adjusting. You can change how far the pedal pushes out, but what’s likely happening is you have other piston(s) that aren’t adjusted and so this particular one will push out past max and wasn’t retract. If your cylinders are installed correctly, rowing away from the axle will increase the length of piston

That makes sense, but all components are new and I have all the adjuster in all the way in , So you think I should adjust some out and that might equalize the pressure ? I have good brake pedal and it works great till everything gets hot then the wheel locks up.

That makes sense, but all components are new and I have all the adjuster in all the way in , So you think I should adjust some out and that might equalize the pressure ? I have good brake pedal and it works great till everything gets hot then the wheel locks up.
I resolved that issue with the pedal. Look up under the dash, you’ll see a screw that you can adjust. Essentially You remove cotter pin and turn it a few times, reattach.

It’s a single channel system. Make sure all wheel cylinders are adjusted properly. Basically get them to drag and then back 2-3 clicks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom