1966 FJ40 Factory Soft Top Find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some 40’s didnt have the hood hold downs, seen it alot on early rigs. The doors came with vinyl siding, again many owners skinned them with sheet metal. 1969 was the last year for the round turn signals

My 65 fst

EEB21FED-D660-4748-8A4D-DAD954C6B4BC.jpeg

I only thought LV's had hoods with no hold downs.
it doesn't look as there are any windshield stays/latches on the inside

still a nice rig

I only thought LV's had hoods with no hold downs.
it doesn't look as there are any windshield stays/latches on the inside

still a nice rig
Yes — I’m thinking when it was “refurbished” with the fabbed hard top, copper paint, 70’s van Seats and widened wheels, the windshield latches were removed and hood holes filled in

Some 40’s didnt have the hood hold downs, seen it alot on early rigs. The doors came with vinyl siding, again many owners skinned them with sheet metal. 1969 was the last year for the round turn signals

Actually most the year had the rectangular lights. Listing going back to 3/69 show the lens being the same 3/69-1/75.

Up until now, I have wondered what a hard-skin, FST-shape, 40 would look like.

I'd consider fabricating a pair of soft upper, ambulance-type doors, starting with a Real Steel tailgate face, which has been cut in half, dressed in footman loops and factory license tag lamp(s). That is if the existing top has been proven road worthy.

Up until now, I have wondered what a hard-skin, FST-shape, 40 would look like.

I'd consider fabricating a pair of soft upper, ambulance-type doors, starting with a Real Steel tailgate face, which has been cut in half, dressed in footman loops and factory license tag lamp(s). That is if the existing top has been proven road worthy.
hmm...that's a good idea. I like the sounds of it and am going to consider that...thanks!

I will have a look tomorrow and tell you
It did come here (to Canada) from California many years ago
I also thought it was strange that it’s labelled 24V??

That heater is US Military surplus. FSN-2540-764-5917 is a government stock number.

Here’s a door for you!

What surprises me people are actually on their watch list.

Guessing this door is at least thirty-five years old. NOS or not wouldn't pay over $2K for it. The whole hobby has gotten ridiculous as for what people think things are worth. 1995 bought a set of complete bows and doors for $200. Around ten years ago someone listed a set of bows and used Kayline top on Mud for $200. After a week of no one buying them I did. Selling was not helpful with shipping and cost another $200 to get them picked up and shipped. Kayline top was black and only had a couple white ones so was worth it me. Seller also had the doors but those were in rough shape. Deals can still be found if your patient.

What surprises me people are actually on their watch list.

Guessing this door is at least thirty-five years old. NOS or not wouldn't pay over $2K for it. The whole hobby has gotten ridiculous as for what people think things are worth. 1995 bought a set of complete bows and doors for $200. Around ten years ago someone listed a set of bows and used Kayline top on Mud for $200. After a week of no one buying them I did. Selling was not helpful with shipping and cost another $200 to get them picked up and shipped. Kayline top was black and only had a couple white ones so was worth it me. Seller also had the doors but those were in rough shape. Deals can still be found if your patient.
very true...I'm into VW buses and they've gone the same way too...I guess all collector cars have!
Yes the deals are still out there if you're patient. That's how I found this little rig.

These have been posted for a little while. I also saw a set recently for $500 that had been posted for a while. I shipped a pair of beat up FST doors from Idaho to Maine for $125 via Fedex.

If they are Chevy wheels the center-bores would also have to have been cut out. The Chevy hub hole wll not clear a Toyota hub. I had that done to a set of Chevy rally wheels back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom