1967 FJ40 Factory Soft Top Find

jbee

Thank God for the deserts
SILVER Star
What surprises me people are actually on their watch list.

Guessing this door is at least thirty-five years old. NOS or not wouldn't pay over $2K for it. The whole hobby has gotten ridiculous as for what people think things are worth. 1995 bought a set of complete bows and doors for $200. Around ten years ago someone listed a set of bows and used Kayline top on Mud for $200. After a week of no one buying them I did. Selling was not helpful with shipping and cost another $200 to get them picked up and shipped. Kayline top was black and only had a couple white ones so was worth it me. Seller also had the doors but those were in rough shape. Deals can still be found if your patient.
I’m one of the watchers!
It’s fascinating for me to see something that old still in its box. I would be shocked if someone buys it.
If you buy a soft top just have them send you the fabric for the doors, they are not hard to recover.
I suppose I’m part of the problem, I like the soft tops because they are a little different and it’s a cool subset of the community.

I bought a complete 73 soft top for $1000 in northern Arizona about 10 years ago, I sold the tailgate, doors, bows for enough to cover the cost of my current (complete) 72FST. The doors went to Japan, the bows went back east somewhere.
The 74 FST that I towed out of a yard in Sunnyslope (North Phoenix) is now sitting in the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum.

Thousands of us run a 9.5 to 10.5 wide tire on factory 40/55 wheels with no issues at all.. Why would you want to go wider? They are heavier, harder to turn, eat into fenders, stick out past the body, harder to get going and harder on brakes. Short of a dedicated mud/snow truck, wide tires serve no purpose.

pjohnson

SILVER Star
recently? to a residence or commercial address?
I had to look up the shipping tag...
It was from Boise ID to a residential address in Lebanon NH on Oct 29, 2020
I packed the two doors together with some cardboard, stretchwrap and lots of tape.

53 replies in so far ... and - No "flip the Bezel" yet. Ok Ill be the first- You guys are slipping!!
Don’t worry, I already did!

BA0918C6-1D73-4142-8CFA-CECA5B7F5F1B.jpeg

Now need to get some white paint out and clean it up!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom