eBay 1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 - White No HT, pretty original good price (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Not mine but love it

“1966 FJ40. Factory Soft top with very minimal rust and very straight as you can see in the pictures. An amazing foundation to start a high end restoration. I’m not sure I have ever seen one this clean. CA/NV desert it’s whole life. Clean NV title in my name. I believe the drivetrain is original (1F, 3 on the tree, PTO) but have not verified numbers on motor, etc. It does not run but motor turns freely. Appears to have had one paint over original freeborn red and carriage, axles, etc. are very clean. It has sat for years. Some hard to find parts such as the original full tailgate with hardware. Skip the hundreds of hours and thousands in rust repair and start with something clean.”

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

more

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (10).jpg

more

s-l1600 (11).jpg

s-l1600 (12).jpg

s-l1600 (13).jpg

s-l1600 (14).jpg

s-l1600 (15).jpg

more

s-l1600 (16).jpg

s-l1600 (17).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

A few areas of possible concern....these circled areas look like bad bondo may be hiding underneath.

001aCapture.PNG

001bCapture.PNG

001cCapture.PNG

Bezel is upside down = automatic pass

:poop:

Been looking hard at this one all week. Needless to say I'm a bit apprehensive due to the unknowns of this one. Not only can I not easily go look at it but I'd have to factor in shipping to Texas. Any insight or advice?

Been looking hard at this one all week. Needless to say I'm a bit apprehensive due to the unknowns of this one. Not only can I not easily go look at it but I'd have to factor in shipping to Texas. Any insight or advice?
Check out the member clubs in that area and see if a MUD brother can go put eyes on it for you. Also, if they are close to it they may also know some history on it. Kind of like the girl(s) that get a reputation from being passed around (usually not good, but that's depends on your goals). ;)

Last edited:
Well, I accepted his counter offer... Now I just need to figure out how to get it down here without spending a fortune. Hopefully it all pans out.

Congrats, looks like nice rig. I didn't read ad but is it running? Summit Auto transport may be able to help if so. Where in Hill Country is it going?

Didn't someone in Helena have a hard top for around this year for a good price?

Ok, read ad, flat bed and a winch. Have a great road trip!

Well, I accepted his counter offer... Now I just need to figure out how to get it down here without spending a fortune. Hopefully it all pans out.
Congrats! there's lots of budget in that price, I think it's a good deal! Keep us posted

Congrats, looks like nice rig. I didn't read ad but is it running? Summit Auto transport may be able to help if so. Where in Hill Country is it going?

Didn't someone in Helena have a hard top for around this year for a good price?

Ok, read ad, flat bed and a winch. Have a great road trip!
I hit up Aaron at Summit. So far the lowest bid but still more than I was hoping to spend. Not sure if it can be any lower.

I don't know about a hard top. It would need to be free.99 for me to want it though.

Still jacking with moving this thing. I hate dealing with transport brokers, carriers, etc. What a pain in the ass.

I have a glovebox door for you if it wasn’t included in the sale.
Awesome, thanks brother. I don't believe it is. Did you notice that the speedo is MIA as well. Didn't notice until after I bought it. Not that that would've changed my mind. Only thing coming with it not bolted to the truck is the data plate.

Still jacking with moving this thing. I hate dealing with transport brokers, carriers, etc. What a pain in the ass.
I have a hot shotter driver for my area in Vegas, he's going to Proffits shop next Friday.. lmk if you want his number

I have a hot shotter driver for my area in Vegas, he's going to Proffits shop next Friday.. lmk if you want his number

Is he coming down to Texas anyway? I've tentatively got someone picking it up for 1000.

Is he coming down to Texas anyway? I've tentatively got someone picking it up for 1000.
no sorry not that way, he did 1 FJ45 and 2 FJ40's to Colorado from Vegas for me though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom