1966 Toyota FJ40 Holley Sniper install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I've read a few threads on here regarding the addition of a fuel injection system in lieu of the hard to find carb/carb parts that are the original Aisin carb. Long story short, I ordered some stuff on amazon and bought a Holley Sniper off of Jegs. Lets see how this goes. First video is just demo.

So anyway. I've literally just bought a couple AN kits, a pre filter, fuel pump, aeromotive final filter (10 micron) and some other supporting items (mounting hardware, lines, etc.). Spoiler alert, it fired right up and ran great. Can't say enough good about the sniper so far.

If anyone watches the video, I'm sorry I'm no camera man or editor..... but hey. SO anyway, the main issue I'm having at the moment is trying to find where the Snipers Coolant Temperature Sending Unit should go. The factory sender (which I would like to retain) is mounted in a tee which also feeds the heater in the cab. As most of you know, the early siamese heads don't have two holes like the later heads. I can always put this somewhere else, but I'd much rather have it seeing water temperature closer to the back of the head. Maybe I'm over thinking this.

So did you look at ebay #265705049870 to make the Sniper conversion happen ????

Does your f block have a block drain? Should be on the drivers side. This pic was “borrowed” from @GA Architect For ref. Keep in mind he has a 2f. Sniper sensor mounted in the block drain location.

1E902C6A-A373-4D23-A8F4-B04E490D1E3E.jpeg

As chungas said, block drain is a great spot. So long as it isn’t clogged.

As chungas said, block drain is a great spot. So long as it isn’t clogged.
I pulled it off yesterday and guess what. Clogged LOL. I’ll be cleaning it out I suppose. The other part of this is, I only wanted to get the install finished to make sure it would run. This whole 40 is about to come down to the frame. She leaks every fluid she holds, needs paint, etc.

There are few threads on MUD ref: flushing your block. Good luck with you tear down/rebuild. You doing a restoration or other???

I pulled it off yesterday and guess what. Clogged LOL. I’ll be cleaning it out I suppose. The other part of this is, I only wanted to get the install finished to make sure it would run. This whole 40 is about to come down to the frame. She leaks every fluid she holds, needs paint, etc.

There are few threads on MUD ref: flushing your block. Good luck with you tear down/rebuild. You doing a restoration or other???
I am restoring it. Its a very worthy candidate and also has some sentimental value. I did want to get the install of the sniper wrapped up before starting so I can both A) continue to move it around/drive it (having a dead vehicle really bothers me) and B) get any wrinkles out before paint.

Ok so finally got part 2 done, should anyone want to see it. I've got another one coming that details the complete project. But all in all its been great so far, other than the touch screen quitting.

Also, just got off the phone with Holley. They didn't make a big deal about the touch screen at all, which was refreshing. Guy just asked me to make sure it was fully plugged in and to recheck all connections while I was on the phone. Did that, still no display. At this point he confirmed my mailing address, email address and said "ok they are in stock so I'm sending you one now".

So, I've read a few threads on here regarding the addition of a fuel injection system in lieu of the hard to find carb/carb parts that are the original Aisin carb. Long story short, I ordered some stuff on amazon and bought a Holley Sniper off of Jegs. Lets see how this goes. First video is just demo.

So anyway. I've literally just bought a couple AN kits, a pre filter, fuel pump, aeromotive final filter (10 micron) and some other supporting items (mounting hardware, lines, etc.). Spoiler alert, it fired right up and ran great. Can't say enough good about the sniper so far.

So are you happy with the performance with this Holley Sniper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom