1966 FJ45LV restoration/buildup project (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

emblem question

i never noticed this until tonight. is the Toyota emblem on the side of this LV stock or a custom addition?
restored 45 LV with toyota emblem on side.jpg

Added.

i need suggestions on where and what brand of suspension kits to order. i am thinking a 2" lift will give me the look i want while still maitaining an agressive but stock factory look and not have too bad of a ride. thinking about OME or something that is a complete kit so i just order one kit with all the parts. remember, i will be swapping the axels from the 78 FJ55 that i have so the axels will not be the original 45 axels. i have already converted the rear axel on the 55 to disc and rebuilt the front. we did not go into the birfs. as they looked good so why mess with them now.

does it matter which axels i have, ie. fj55 vs the stock ones? i am getting confused since the LV will really have all the running gear from a 78 when done. but we are going to try to use some of the older engine parts, ie filter canister to give it a more orig. look. but the suspension is the issue now.

treerootCO said:
That part that matters is what frame and spring hangers you have. It also matters how heavy the back end of a 45wagon is.

ok that being said, remember i am a newbie here so..... the wagon will remain fairly stock. i will put a receiver hitch on the rear, however, i dout i will ever tow anything with it as i have plenty of trucks available to do that. i may load up the family and go for a run and picknick, but no major traveling and no major heavy hauling, so it sounds to me that the light springs from OME would work? Man-a-fre shows two kits basic and deluxe for 45, but the pic shows a lpb, will they work on the LV? do i want to use their greasable shackles or antoher makers? thanks

45LV Suspension

The OME suspension for th 45LV is superb.

James out in Winchester VA has this system and I have never found a better suspension system for the 45LV.

Regards
-- Eugene

Luthier said:
The OME suspension for th 45LV is superb.

James out in Winchester VA has this system and I have never found a better suspension system for the 45LV.

Regards
-- Eugene

do you have a contact for James? is his suspension the orig. LV? my swaping axels is getting me confused which is not too difficult.:doh:

Phone nuber for James Asti

James has a toll-free number 888-805-0810.

This is James Asti at "4x4 Connection" formally "Land Cruiser Connection" the web site is http://www.4x4connection.com/

Regards
-- Eugene

50-series axles under a 45LV

What are the spacings between the spring pads on the front & rear axles of Marks 45LV and his FJ55?

I understand that Mark wants use the axles from his 55 on his 45LV project and both he & I are unsure what what these measurments are.

Regards
-- Eugene

merbesfield said:
i never noticed this until tonight. is the Toyota emblem on the side of this LV stock or a custom addition?

That was my 45 at one time... That particular picture was taken in my driveway (by me). That emblem was never on the vehicle. It was photoshoped in.

Seth

PVCruiser said:
That was my 45 at one time... That particular picture was taken in my driveway (by me). That emblem was never on the vehicle. It was photoshoped in.

Seth

That is funny:D

PVCruiser said:

Seth

Seth, can you help me with the dimension on the FJ55 axels? see the post a couple above this one. thanks

merbesfield said:
Seth, can you help me with the dimension on the FJ55 axels? see the post a couple above this one. thanks

Hi- I re-read a number of the posts about and am unsure of exactly which deminsion you need.

PM me the deminsion you need and I will crawl under my '55.

Seth

PVCruiser said:

Seth

Actually I stand corrected. That emblem was on there....

I am getting a little forgetful.

The emblem came of a 40 series cruiser.

HTH

Seth

PVCruiser said:
Actually I stand corrected. That emblem was on there....

I am getting a little forgetful.

The emblem came of a 40 series cruiser.

HTH

Seth

Seth, you are suffing along with me of what CruiserDan calls CRS. Can't Remember s***). We all get it sooner or later. yes i figured the emblem came from the 40 series, one early, one late. pretty cool idea, even if it is not factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom