1966 FJ45LV restoration/buildup project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

buckroseau said:
Can't go to wrong for $450 bucks...

I thought one of them had a factory PTO winch?

Matt

there where three that i actually found. unfortunately, the blue one was the one that had the PTO winch and the r-neck thought his land cruiser was worth a small gold mine so there was no talking to him. :frown: i wanted that winch.
IMG_2610.jpg

Well we finally took a few minutes to get the 40 off the trailer. Actually had to, i am going back for the parts rig tomorrow and need the trailer. the 40's i found are in the mountains north of atlanta, where we have a vacation home. we are going to use a loader and just lift it onto the trailer, should much quicker than trying to winch it on. anyhow, we drove the 71' 40 off the trailer. poured gas in the car and hot wired it, no keys, and it fired up on the 2nd attempt. drove it right off. of course stopping was quite funny not having any brakes. but it is parked and will most likely sit for some time. i have started aquiring parts for it tho. still waiting for the 52" metal brake to be delivered from HF. ordered weeks ago, BO til 8/1, but, "we don't guarantee BO dates" whatever. anyhow, just working on assembling all the necessary tools and equipment to do a proper resto.

The three pictures of this 45 wagon.....do you know the history of those pics/this truck?

66 history

Poser said:
The three pictures of this 45 wagon.....do you know the history of those pics/this truck?

priviously owned by Eugene, alias above Luthier. Prior to that

"Charlie Rupp owner of http://www.chimneycanyon4x4.com/ is the person that I purchased the 66 LV from, He can tell you about the engine in the 66 and whatever he knows about its history."

i have not had the time to talk to Charlie Rupp about what he may know. let me know what you may know about it. i named it "Dakota" b/c someone here refered to it as SD, b/c of the "big ass" mud flaps on the rear that say "South Dakota"
SD mub flap (467 x 314).jpg

Those pictures were taken at Charlies house in SD....they were also in the Trails when he was selling it, back when they were still yellow paper, iirc. :)

merbesfield said:
this is what the truck that was parted out looked like.

Where is this LV located? How bad are the floors, frame & any other info you can pass along? Can you tell I'm jonesin for another project?

lv locations

LC_Hamma said:
Where is this LV located? How bad are the floors, frame & any other info you can pass along? Can you tell I'm jonesin for another project?

LC, my LV's are located in Dunwoody, GA. the floors are no worse than what you expect, actually, better than the one i am working on (the 66), but i have not decided what i will be doing with the 65, but i definately wont do anything with it until i finish my project, so who knows how long that will take? where are you located? if you are around, feel free to come have a look. we are still taking Dakota apart. i will try to post some new pics, but it has not change much in the last two weeks as my mechanic has had a huge load and has not had any spare time to spend on it. plus, we were trying to get some other stuff out of the way.

merbesfield said:
LC, my LV's are located in Dunwoody, GA. the floors are no worse than what you expect, actually, better than the one i am working on (the 66), but i have not decided what i will be doing with the 65, but i definately wont do anything with it until i finish my project, so who knows how long that will take? where are you located? if you are around, feel free to come have a look. we are still taking Dakota apart. i will try to post some new pics, but it has not change much in the last two weeks as my mechanic has had a huge load and has not had any spare time to spend on it. plus, we were trying to get some other stuff out of the way.

Okay, I didn't read the post above where you said Charlie has the convertible LV I was talking about. I've only seen 2 LV's in person, so I'd really like to see yours'. I'll send you a PM........

Charile & Dakota

LC_Hamma said:
Okay, I didn't read the post above where you said Charlie has the convertible LV I was talking about. I've only seen 2 LV's in person, so I'd really like to see yours'. I'll send you a PM........

charlie and Dakota are not the same convertible? a little confused. when you say convertible, are you talkinga about the LV that got cut up? that did not come from charlie. my 66, which i am restoring came from charlie. it has some "big ass" mud flaps on the back of it that say South Dakota so i decided to give that rig, the 66, the nick name Dakota. I had never seen a LV in person before i bought these. i happened upon the fj55, which is now a donor for the 66 LV. whille researching the fj55 i found out about the LV and fell i love. the rest is history as they say. ended up with a pair.

chopped up

LC_Hamma said:
This is the one I'm talking about. So you say it's been cut up? Hope not:

its a goner, in sections now in my storage building. but i do have a complete 65. why would you want that POS? it was toast by the way. :frown:

update

little progress. we got started on the rotisserie and got the 77 parts rig home. it is a mess. the real bummer is that the 4spd case is cracked from the impact so that will not be able to be used in the 1971 fj40 like i had hoped. this 77 is almost all gone. it sat in a field for who knows how long, but there are a few parts of value. check out the rear amb. door handle, looks very similar to a late model LV handle, but i think it is slightly different.
20060803_0027 (475 x 356).jpg
20060803_0028 (475 x 356).jpg
20060803_0029 (600 x 450).jpg

Motor & trany is out.

pics. anyone need a good F motor? i dont think this motor has ever been out of this truck based on the look of the bolts etc. that came out. they looked new. definately having guilt pangs about tearing this orig. truck apart and not going back stock. but if it is not comfortable to drive, what is the point. all the hard work would be a waste.
20060911_0050.jpg
20060911_0051.jpg
20060911_0052.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom