1966 FJ45 LWB rolling blitz restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My old man has a set of hub caps with the front center has holes for hubs they are off one of his many early 40 series . wonder what there worth in Aus ?

Probably not near as much as over in the states, most people here either use white steelies or plain split rims. Personally I'm not a fan of the hubcaps from the pics I have seen. Never actually seen a vehicle in the flesh with them on though.

i have done a couple refurbishing with them and they give it a nice finished look...

plus if you don't tighten the lug nuts properly the nuts fall off and rattle around letting you know something is not right.

plus if you don't tighten the lug nuts properly the nuts fall off and rattle around letting you know something is not right.

:lol::lol:

Unless the stereo is too loud - then its the vibration that clues you in - 140 + Kph from Banff to Calgary in my mustang with a terrified Oz backpacker hitchhiker I picked up at the Hostel - he was wide eyed and white knuckled. Prolly wished he waited for another ride.

I found one lugnut a week later in the gravel driveway at work. Ah... to be young again...

I know someone who has some of those caps... not sure with/without holes.

Wanted to see if someone has the Toyota part number for those rectangular mirrors. I believe the part number for the round ones are 87901-60020. Have not found anything on a few different searches on mud, Thanks! :hmm:

i have a set here, contact Dan at 4wheel auto 866-468-2570 and tell him Wayne (crushers) sent you
he has them in stock, tell him it is the old style mirror head for the collapsible arms.

cheers

Thanks for the quick response, (Peter, Wayne) just ordered one through the local Toyota dealer. It is nice to order through them as they charge no shipping which is huge in Alaska. The Toyota PDC has 4 oh I mean 3 left!

87901-55011
Cheers
Peter
forgotten to show:
These are the original Toyota 87901-55011 mirrors:
(Great mirrors you see a lot !!!!!! .... bought them last year)
dsc00604f.jpg

Cheers
Peter

Rutbeer,
Beautiful truck!! Makes me more than a little jealous. When you reassembled your hardtop, did you reuse gaskets or replace them all??

Does anyone have part numbers for all of the hardtop gaskets?? I would rather try to order them form my Toyota dealer than Specter if possible.

Mine were in good shape, but I replaced them all anyway. There was paint on the outer most edge of the original rubber and I didn't feel like cleaning it off. I actually bought the replacements years and years ago, so I have no idea if they are still available.

Barry - I just got trough reading this entire thread. What an amazing truck and job you have done...I really look forward to seeing it in person some day.

Replacing the pics

The pics expired in that link, so I'm replacing them.
front.jpg
rear.jpg
int.jpg

You probably know this, but in '66, the roofs were same color as the body.

You probably know this, but in '66, the roofs were same color as the body.

and so were the mirror arms and hood catches. I never really cared for that Maaco look though. Artistic license!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom