1966 FJ40 Timing Cover Bolts w/ "Rubber Sealing Washers" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I posted this in my 1966 FJ40 Frame-Off Build (3rd Generation Owner) build also, but thought I'd start a new thread separatly. So @Rock40 and I need some tech assistance here on a sealing washer question. #92 on SOR diagram (below) is a lower bolt on the timing cover area that goes directly into the block. When I re-ordered a couple of them from SOR they came with the bolt and lock washer. However when Ross pulled them out of the F-145 motor upon disassembly these rubber sealing washers were behind the bolt. Any help is appreciated. Are these in fact OEM washers that reside behind this bolt? I also included the bolts w/ locks SOR sent me for #92.

Jason-

Diagram.PNG

Sealing Washer.JPG

SOR bolts.JPG

Can't you just put thread-sealer on the threads?

Yeah- that would work, I'm sure. Was just seeing if anyone had spec on what came factory. All good.

I don't know what is stock for a 66 F engine, but perhaps what you found was an attempt by a PO to seal a leaking bolt that didn't have thread sealer.

I find no mention of a special sealing washer at that location in the F Engine manual.

Those sealing washers look like the air cleaner and stamped steel valve cover sealing washers.Use a quality thread sealant on the timing cover bolts.

Those do look like the washers that came for the valance cover. Interesting.

At least they are OEM parts....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom