For Sale 1966 FJ40-carpet edition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

red66toy

Supporting Vendor
Threads

for posterity, this is the best pic explaining the "carpet edition" comment
00L0L_63a9TfiicJg_600x450.jpg

Oh my golly !! Either the guy owns a rug store or has a fabric fetish like George Costanza being "ensconced in Velvet."

He may very well be the Previous Owner who carpeted the underside of my transmission tunnel, caked with decades of grease and tar.

Oh my golly !! Either the guy owns a rug store or has a fabric fetish like George Costanza being "ensconced in Velvet."

He may very well be the Previous Owner who carpeted the underside of my transmission tunnel, caked with decades of grease and tar.
The underside?! :slap:

68 was the first model year of the padded dash in the US. Somebody was obviously very safety minded and thinking outside the box.

@red66toy ,

The underside--truck came from the desert region in California, last used for search and rescue in its later years. Lots of antenna holes in the roof, CB antenna on the side, early CARB-approved V-8, auto-trans with a Pontiac T-handle floor shifter, dual wipers converted to the single model with the slave cable, sheepskin seat covers over the ripped coral, Saginaw power steering, the typical rear bumper installed on most of the 45 pickups of that era...............and of course lovely thick shag carpet glued UNDER the tunnel , I guess to keep the noise down and the heat out. Damn thing could've caught fire with all the grease and heat on it.

Definitely a work truck, as they all were, and the "improvements" were made to make it do its job better..............maybe !

If they did that to the dash, we can only guess what they did to the mechanical and brake systems...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom