1966 /40 dizzy question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all! I’m trying to bring my rig back to factory as best I can. Currently my original f motor has a dui dizzy on it, and a recently purchased nos aisin carb. The thing runs like a top! That said, I’d like re install the distributor that would have been original to the motor... if I can find one.

So here r my questions. What should I be looking for, and Can they be rebuilt? This of course assuming there is nothing new to replace it.

In advance, thanks for your time and information!

Unless you’re going for a concors resto, the vacuum advance dizzy from City racer would be your best bet.

Thanks mark! I had looked at that before, but wanted some input from folks in the know before I committed to ordering. I appreciate your time. Bill

Billsboat, if you end up replacing your D.U.I. distributor and want to sell it, please let me know as I'd be interested. Thanks.

Hi all! I’m trying to bring my rig back to factory as best I can. Currently my original f motor has a dui dizzy on it, and a recently purchased nos aisin carb. The thing runs like a top! That said, I’d like re install the distributor that would have been original to the motor... if I can find one.

So here r my questions. What should I be looking for, and Can they be rebuilt? This of course assuming there is nothing new to replace it.

In advance, thanks for your time and information!
They can absolutely be completely rebuilt if you chose that route as well:
46247608845_ec4d01d5ee_c.jpg

My rig will never be show worthy but I like to keep parts as original as possible so that is why I went the rebuild route. But the dizzy @65swb45 mentioned is most likely the more practical route as its new and can get it fast vs waiting a few weeks to have one rebuilt.

Thanks mark! I had looked at that before, but wanted some input from folks in the know before I committed to ordering. I appreciate your time. Bill

That’s what the like button is for. ;)

The like button indeed has a purpose, in this case it did not meet my needs, but thanks!

Billsboat, if you end up replacing your D.U.I. distributor and want to sell it, please let me know as I'd be interested. Thanks.
I’ll definitely want to sell it. Do you have any interest in a after market carb? If so I’ll get you the particulars. Thanks

If it's a D.U.I, then yes I would be interested. Shoot me a PM. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom