1966/40 cigarette lighter location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where would the cigarette lighter be located? There is no place on the dash, so I’m assuming it is mounted under the dash in some kind of bracket. Any pictures would be great. Thanks!

not sure a cig lighter was available in 66, but I could be wrong.

Just looking at my pic collection and it seems 1968 was the first year for the Cigar lighter...
I looked at all the ads I have going back to 1958 and it is not listed before 1968 even as an option.

However I have seen several harnesses BEFORE 1968 that had the Red/Black wire for the Cigar Lighter. Not to mention the 1964 had an ashtray.
Living in the Past should be able to answer this easily...

Last edited:
Just looking at my pic collection and it seems 1968 was the first year for the Cigar lighter...
I looked at all the ads I have going back to 1958 and it is not listed before 1968 even as an option.

However I have seen several harnesses BEFORE 1968 that had the Red/Black wire for the Cigar Lighter. Not to mention the 1964 had an ashtray.
Living in the Past should be able to answer this easily...
Good point on the ash tray, my 66 has an ash tray. I hope living in the past responds.

Thank you for responding!

My guess is it's from a 65:meh:. Your diagram has a alternator but it has a generator regulater:confused:Option of heater, hazard warning signals and backup light were all standard in 68. Two wiper motors were gone in 68. It shows a cigarette lighter as standard. Don't think my 65 FJ45LP-B had a cigarette lighter standard. It had two aftermarket lighters installed though. It took hours to get the smoke film off the windows. At first I thought it had tinted windows:rolleyes:Maybe it's a 66. But the heater was standard in the US market in 66. Let me check my 66 FSM to see how close it is to this one. My 62 has a lot more than just one diagram. It also sub diagrams.
This looks like 67 wiring maybe a year early. But is not a wiring diagram for a 68 and later or 65 and older.

A few 67 had the hazard option. Not sure 66. 68 had single wiper motor two speed, the head light switch was no longer round and fuse holder held six one of them being a spare. 65 did not have a cigarette lighter.
Choke and throttle cables the were same from the FJ25 until the 68 FJ40. Same with the light switch. Wiper switch was 61-67. Ashtray started during 62 and was the same until the 79 model. A late 64 could have a factory heater as it was a option from some time in 64 until it became standard with the 66 model in the US market. If it has a factory heater the blower switch and vent cable are mounted to the bottom of the dash with they own bracket. If it doesn't a Darth Vader light would be mounted there. Cigarette lighter started later.

Great search skills! I knew he would have the answer. :grinpimp:

What I find weird is that the heaters seem to be hit and miss. Most of the 63-66 harnesses I have worked on did not have the heater wiring installed. From 67 on they all have had them.

Mine is just below the right turn indicator ... Not sure if its factory

lighter.JPG

My '66 did have an ash tray, but no lighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom