1965 Fuel Tank Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1965 Fj45 that is starting to weep fuel from the seams of my fuel tank. Is there a good option for a newer tank? Would a 9/72-12/78 fuel tank work? I would prefer to use either an OEM tank or the galvanized OEM replica from CCOT.

Any advice would be welcome...

Thanks again,
~Al :beer:

Why not clean and seam seal the one you have.

I have a 1965 Fj45 that is starting to weep fuel from the seams of my fuel tank. Is there a good option for a newer tank? Would a 9/72-12/78 fuel tank work? I would prefer to use either an OEM tank or the galvanized OEM replica from CCOT.

Any advice would be welcome...

Thanks again,
~Al :beer:

Assuming that your '65 is an LV [based on your avatar] I would be looking for advice in the 45 section, as not so many LV owners hang out in this forum [@tancruiser being one of the few exceptions]

It’s a LBP... 40 section gets more action, plus 45s are listed in the description, but I should have posted saying it was a LBP 🤦‍♂️... Thanks for the recommendation. Restoration might be the way to go, or at least shelf if it for now and get it restored by a shop that works on tanks.
1F6A8E2D-3275-4023-8F0C-9D1994E60B6E.jpeg

Looks like you have some duct tape, might give that a try 😛

I had mine patched twice before giving up and modifying the cab, seat and tank to make a new 40 series tank fit.

I had mine patched twice before giving up and modifying the cab, seat and tank to make a new 40 series tank fit.

That is what I am afraid of, do you remember off hand what you had to modify on the seats to make it work? I am assuming you are using the "Snorkel" type tank from 1968-72? Thanks again :beer:

Hell Yeah! Thanks for taking the time to take the pics and upload them Onur! I think that’s the tank I am going with :beer: ... Hope all is well bud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom