eBay 1965 FJ45LV in MN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes.
Owner of this LV also owns the local Toyota dealership. He said he bought it off eBay around 2005. Had his dealership mechanics install new parts to get it running and then drove it to the storage garage. He had plans to refurbish it but had too many other projects. I observed rusty and rotted front floors. Couple of doors have rot in the bottoms. One rocker is rotted. Newer brake and clutch masters. Big window single barrel carb. Looks like the mechanics bypassed the fuel tank with a plastic jug in the engine bay.

Last edited:
Headliner is out of it. The headliner bows and trim are laying on the floor under the seat. Jack was missing. Jack handles looked to be in the back. Skid plate was in the back. Rear gate was stuck shut. Metal around gate hinges was rotten. Window regulators work. All the door hardware was present. Glass appeared to be original. Undercoating is pealing off the underbody. Frame rust looked bad to me.

In my excitement of viewing this classic I forgot to check if the engine was original.

Looks like newer valve cover and other parts on the engine. New hoses. New distributor cap, plugs and wires. Toyota battery has a 5/10 sticker on it. Might mean May 2010? Not sure. So owners recall of event timeline may be off. He said he had a file folder with all the paperwork.

Roof was solid.

Allstate heater under dash.

Hi/lo horns present.

Door stops all present. No damage either.

Both rear seat back clips present.

I think the dome light is missing.

Last edited:
In my excitement of viewing this classic I forgot to check if the engine was original.

Looks like newer valve cover and other parts on the engine. New hoses. New distributor cap, plugs and wires. Toyota battery has a 5/10 sticker on it. Might mean May 2010? Not sure. So owners recall of events may be off.

Roof was solid.
Been there (forgetting to check engine numbers etc)

Does seem like a lot to spend if it needs a lot of body work still. Probably going to someone that will export it to South America for a cheaper restoration. Good news is it’s got all the pieces you would need. But you’d only be getting started throwing $$ at it.

Headliner is out of it. The headliner bows and trim are laying on the floor under the seat. Jack was missing. Jack handles looked to be in the back. Skid plate was in the back. Rear gate was stuck shut. Metal around gate hinges was rotten. Window regulators work. All the door hardware was present. Glass appeared to be original. Undercoating is pealing off the underbody. Frame rust looked bad to me.
If the bows are there, you're ahead of the game. SOR sells a headliner and it is VERY good quality. I just replaced mine.

Sold for $19,100.
dang... well, in this case this was an auction (vs fixed price) so that tells you there were multiple people willing to pay near that price. So I guess the market is what it is. Good for those of us that have an LV, not so great for those in the market for one. For someone looking, and able to transport there's a pretty solid one still on mud that can be had for less.

If the bows are there, you're ahead of the game. SOR sells a headliner and it is VERY good quality. I just replaced mine.
my 45 was used(2005?)for the prototype SOR headliner, its held up very well, still looks new...thankfully some else that knew what they were doing installed it....not me.

my 45 was used(2005?)for the prototype SOR headliner, its held up very well, still looks new...thankfully some else that knew what they were doing installed it....not me.
I had someone do mine too. May I ask how you trimmed yours out? I didn't use the factory style welting or anything similar. I had to complicate the hell out of it and only finished it in the past couple of days.

Looks like newer valve cover and other parts on the engine. New hoses. New distributor cap, plugs and wires. Toyota battery has a 5/10 sticker on it. Might mean May 2010? Not sure. So owners recall of event timeline may be off. He said he had a file folder with all the paperwork.

Roof was solid.

Allstate heater under dash.

Hi/lo horns present.

Door stops all present. No damage either.

Both rear seat back clips present.

I think the dome light is missing.
its a 64...so the VIN plate should have the engine # on it. both my 64's do/ did...(oddly both had the fender mirror)

yeah it was very complete. fj55 dome light works for replacement.

battery could be in the rest of the world format ...10-2005

all I know is 22k(maybe 30K into it now) seemed like a lot in 2005 when I bought mine( frame on restored w/ original drivetrain, so basically new paint , interior, few mechanical bits)..... but now not so much......lol. But i already had a crusty LV(the Jimmywag) and knew I would never ever restore it(I got the ADHD)........and all these years later its still in my best friends garage waiting to be restored or at least put in the road.

I had someone do mine too. May I ask how you trimmed yours out? I didn't use the factory style welting or anything similar. I had to complicate the hell out of it and only finished it in the past couple of days.
109-100_i2-big.jpg

that mine in the pictures on SOR....so that about all I know, but can take pics if you want.

109-100_i2-big.jpg

that mine in the pictures on SOR....so that about all I know, but can take pics if you want.
Thanks! No Need. I did something completely different using 3/32" x 3/4" flat aluminum.

IMG_6392.JPG

IMG_7248[1].JPG

IMG_7247[1].JPG

Like I said, I complicated the hell out of it. I need to do a little touching up on the green, but That will happen in the next few days.

IMG_7248[1].JPG

IMG_7247[1].JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom