1965 FJ45LV #2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hooked up some new fuel line and filter then ran it to a gas can. I got it to run. It sounds decent and didn't smoke much.

Next is to wire in the ignition switch, get a battery, tie down the fuel can, bleed the brakes, and take it for a spin

Wired up an ignition switch and ran the motor alittle longer last night. It ran fine then suddenly died like I turned the switch off. Then it would not fire back up. I think the switch or the coil went bad. Gotta check tonite.

Nice find Jack! Always fun chasing leads then finding a jackpot.

Sounds like points stuck.

Took off the Ramsey PTO and removed all the nasty, bubbling, and faded window tint. Looks alot better.
IMG_7064.JPG
IMG_7062.JPG
IMG_7063.JPG

Ground off more ugly stuff. I plan to repair the frame and make a quickie bumper.
IMG_7205.JPG

Some of those pieces are factory, you probably know that. Just thought I would mention. Fun project. I like some of those 4plus bumpers. You could do something like that .

1 out of 4 of those factory parts is still good. The rest suffered from hacking and bad welding. Personally I think those parts make the bumper stick out too far. I have an extra set that could go with this wagon though.
I got the frame all patched up.
IMG_7206.JPG
IMG_7207.JPG
IMG_7208.JPG
IMG_7209.JPG

Made a quickie temporary front bumper that bolts into some stock holes. Then added a tow hook.
IMG_7215.JPG

That works! ;). Did you ever figure out the motor? Does it not stay running? Theories?

Never really figured out the motor. It kind of fires but won't run, I think it's got a timing issue. It needs to be TDCed and then check everything. I am done playing with it and have listed it for sale over on Ebay.

Buyer get cold feet or what?

Wow...... eBay. Sorry to here that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom