For Sale 1965 FJ45 Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 45 Series
After much back and forth I've decided to put my 45 up for sale. When I started this build my life was much different than it is now and I haven't really touched it in over a year. Add some other life changes and finishing it or holding onto it until I can finish it is just not in the cards at this point. It had been a CA and Nevada truck it's life until I moved it up here 3 years ago. Original engine and trans are gone and this was to be a more 'resto-mod' sort of build. Brand new, crate Ramjet 350, rebuilt TH350, twin sticked dana 300. Front '78 disc axle with rebuilt knuckles and new brakes, custom 9" rear with disc brakes, 4.11's and a tru-trac. The cab is very solid except for some rust holes in the floorpan, no other cancer or rot. I have a replacement 40 floorpan to put in (ribs aren't the same I know). Sandblasted and powder coated frame, new Alcan 4" springs, saginaw p/s, tilt column, dakota digital gauges. New Coolerman wiring from the dash to the taillights. I might have even gotten a front end harness too, I'll look. New tailgate, headache rack and rear valance to accept 73? and later tri-color tail lights from Awl_TEQ. The bed is in good condition, but needs some work. Roof has some repair work needed in the corners where rust has eaten through. Not too difficult for the skill level on this board though. Doors are perfect, no rust and very solid. Front fenders, bib, hood and aprons have been sandblasted and painted with a weld-through primer. Fenders are pretty good, a dent and a little rust repair. Pics will show what I'm saying. All glass is there. Trans cover and windshield frame are great. Perfect "kit FJ45" for someone looking to put their final touches on it and send it to paint and assemble it. Clean Title!

I had great hopes and dreams for this but things don't always go as planned. My loss is someone else's gain. Prices seem to be all over for projects as well as completed ones (some completed ones I wouldn't want, imho) so not totally sure. If I'm way off let me know.

$23k obo. offers welcome!

Located in Renton, WA. Thank you for looking

fj45.JPG

front 2.jpg

front.jpg

roller.jpg

top on.JPG

Last edited:
I remember seeing this truck in San Jose, bought the engine out of it! A decade ago??Think hard about this , it is at the hardest part of a project and likely not going to bring the money, only a handful of us willing to jump into this( myself included) but reality is people want instant gratification these days. To pay a shop to finish would ad another 25k if not more. It will be someone looking to build what you have started. Glws, I would keep it if I were you, I know it’s not easy, but chipping a way at small items, make a list and check it off as you go( helps to see progress!) I was there for 5 years building my green goblin, focus Danielson!!

Funny to see the “Heep” body in the bed of this!

I may need to check this out!

I know it isn't the ideal stage for most people in a project. I'm hoping someone has a similar vision and finds this to be a good opportunity to build a very nice truck. Paying a shop would add considerable cost to this, you're right Whitey. Seems like there are a ton of DIYer's here and was thinking one of them would be interested. Your idea of a list to chip away at is encouraging, and I've been trying to do that for the last 1.5 years 😄 If it doesn't sell I'll have to back burner it and hopefully get back to it someday. Space and time are the issues, just don't seem to have enough of either. To complicate things more I'm moving in a week. On the other hand, if it doesn't sell it'll give me something to do in the garage during the 4 months of darkness approaching the PNW.

Tacoluver, shoot me a message if you'd like to check it out or want more pics. You're a few hours away I'm guessing by your location.

The rolling chassis with the cab on is the current state; pictures 2-4 and 6-8. Cab work to come is to replace the driver floorpan and build the seat frame. The pics of the top on and on the trailer were to show the truck was complete, just in many pieces now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom