SOLD 1965 FJ45 on EBay , looking for help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been entertaining the idea of buying this FJ45 and was wondering if anyone on here knew some history behind it. I'm not a purist so I really like the ls1 in there. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Are you in Carp? My buddy, who knows I love cruisers, sent me a picture of it parked on foothill a couple days ago. Congrats...nice truck, hopefully I’ll see it around town.

Thanks. Yeah that's my remodel project on Foothill by the bridge they just rebuilt The pics above are at a rental near El Carro Park til construction is done on Foothill. Carp sure is a great little beach community, small world

Nice! We’re down in concha loma. I’ll keep an eye out for your rig and say hey when I see ya. I’m without a cruiser fo the moment but I’m usually poking around town in this:
DD3C4496-0150-4948-B6D6-CF5DD9E029EE.jpeg

Nice! We’re down in concha loma. I’ll keep an eye out for your rig and say hey when I see ya. I’m without a cruiser fo the moment but I’m usually poking around town in this:
View attachment 2078263

I've seen that beauty driving down Carp Ave...I'll say hi for sure next time I see ya. -Mark

The day I bought it in 1995! Yes it’s the same truck!View attachment 2076609
I remember that truck! I wanted to buy it, seller even sent me a VHS video of it running and driving. I think it was about $4k and being in college I couldn't afford the truck and shipping to the east coast. I don't know if that was you, Whitey, or the guy you bought it from. I had a couple later and now I can't afford them again. :cry:

It's an awesome rig now, congrats to the new owner.

Wow, I bought it from Randy Matthews in Whittier, ca. He sent me a tape too which I still have! It was $5500 back in the day and I flew down to la, and drove it home to the bay area ! 55 to 60 mph the whole way, but I was all smiles as it was my first fj45 pickup! A funny story about the zebra stripes, the previous owner’s buddy got drunk one night and sprayed them on. Took me about 5 hours to remove them with brake clean and a rag!

Your 1st one, that's cool! That price sounds more like it. Was Randy a pilot? Maybe I remember that wrong too. I bought my first one a few years later when I lived in Utah, a rust free sea-foam green lwb for $3600. Of all the Cruisers I've owned, that is the one I regret selling. Oh yeah, and I kept the video until about 5 years ago when I was decluttering to move again. Sorry, hijack over!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom