1965/66 FJ-40 Restore (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am fairly new to ih8mud.com since I just acquired a 1966 FJ-40 in fairly decent shape. Yep, it has bondo all over. I am hoping to do a classic restore on it. It has a straight 6,three on the tree. The wheel wells and some of the floor boards are toast. There is a bit of rust on the chassis, but for the most part, the frame is solid and I cannot see anything wrong with it. My throttle cable snapped off in my hand today. I guess I should be prepared for this stuff, but I am on the starting side of it and I have a long way to go! Does anyone know about how much lift I will need to get the tires off to rebuild the brakes? I am going for a floor jack and jack stands but since I don't have the original jack, I don't know what clearance I need. I figured a three ton jack to be safe. I will post pictures when I can. The original paint seems to be off-white with a reddish primer coat.

Thanks, almost went for one today.

Anyone know where I can find a new throttle cable? Mine snapped off in my hand yesterday.

10172626_792039570817392_1066143958071259876_n.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find a rebuild kit for a 66 aisan carberetor? I have done searches but haven't found it yet.

Does anyone know where I can find a rebuild kit for a 66 aisan carberetor? I have done searches but haven't found it yet.
ive usad hobbs carburetor with great success. Pelham nh. google him as I cannot find the address. drain it , wrap it, ship it , he ships back in usually two weeks. my 77 was under 100 if I remember,

Call Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters (See Vendors Market). That's where I got mine and it worked perfectly.

ive usad hobbs carburetor with great success. Pelham nh. google him as I cannot find the address. drain it , wrap it, ship it , he ships back in usually two weeks. my 77 was under 100 if I remember,

Thanks, I was going to try to rebuild it myself, but if someone will rebuild for me that does them regularly for that price, I'd be silly not to use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom