craigslist 1964 Toyota FJ45 Landcruiser Land Cruiser - San Diego (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 45 Series
Not mine

Toyota FJ45 Landcruiser Land Cruiser​

I am testing the waters here. Thinking about selling my 1964 FJ45. Runs and Drives

Long Bed
Newer Paint
Newer Upholstery
Currently has a Chevy V8 with original 3sp but I also have an additional Toyota F1 engine for sale if you prefer that.

I will post some pictures soon of my actual FJ45, but it looks much like the picture I have here.

$25k

Toyota FJ45 Landcruiser Land Cruiser FJ40

01515_6qaGGKDi7Tnz_0uY0kE_1200x900.jpg

Posting is already gone....

“I will post some pictures soon of my actual FJ45, but it looks much like the picture I have here.”

Can only imagine 😂.

It’s not exactly like the picture above but it’ll do. Seller was a solid guy. Checked the vin and it’s a US car, production was October 64. Seller said it’s a Cali car, condition of the frame suggests that it is.
9E493091-EEFC-4A2B-B183-FABA932059EC.jpeg

91C9E43E-AA8A-4AA9-B7BE-800E60A1B9A5.jpeg

Thanks @oakweb for putting up the ad here, and to all others for your guidance.

$25K for the above truck?

$25K for the above truck?
Yes 25k. I don’t know if I would have paid that a year ago. I wanted a long bed, with a clean frame, and one that I can register in Cali. That narrows it down to pre-75 car, and no diesel. I preferred a US car like many here, and was happy that this was when I asked for the VIN. I’ve been learning slowly with my frame off Fj40 restoration, and above all I wanted a clean frame, and second wanted most parts to be there. I was actually quite surprised by the condition of the frame. The body looks shiny and has a newish paint job (>1 year, probably a couple) but I’m not fooled by it. There is definitely bundo work all around, but looking at the body parts from under they also look good, especially the fender/hood/engine bay. It is missing some small parts but I’ll replace them slowly, hopefully with the help of fellow mudders. It has a V8 Chevy 350, which I know very little about, but I’ll learn. I like that parts are easy to find. I also didn’t care for the engine so I wasn’t picky. I can put in what I want later. I’m keeping this one for myself and given all the criteria I mentioned above I was able to justify the price to myself, and most importantly to my wife.

Glad to see this was legitimate ad and sale. I was suspicious at first with the ad’s wording. Good luck with the truck!

Glad to see this was legitimate ad and sale. I was suspicious at first with the ad’s wording. Good luck with the truck!
Thank you.

I was pleasantly surprised by both the owner and the car, as I said he was a solid guy and not at all what others perhaps have encountered. I've seen many times here that sellers increase their price once they see more interest. He kept his word, and went as far as replacing the starter because his ad, in its limited description, said that the car was running. I am pretty sure I would have bought the car even without him fixing that.

I was heading to pick up my son Sunday night and saw this pulling into a gas station near my house. Stopped and talked to the driver about it briefly, said he was hired to deliver it to Sunnyvale. I figured it had to be someone here, but I forgot to post it that night.
Great looking project!

45.jpg

I was heading to pick up my son Sunday night and saw this pulling into a gas station near my house. Stopped and talked to the driver about it briefly, said he was hired to deliver it to Sunnyvale. I figured it had to be someone here, but I forgot to post it that night.
Great looking project!

View attachment 2946982
He told me some guy came up to him at the gas station and knew what type of car it was and that he had one similar to it. Small world!
I used uship and found the driver (Oscar), super nice guy.

I did a double take when he turned at the light, so rare to ever see one, and in such great shape. Sounds like your in for a nice adventure, learning and putting it all together how you want it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom