For Sale 1964 FZJ45LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Threads
My house in the Chicago area is not selling. I'm paying for two mortgages and we're not going to be able to keep it up for much longer. The LV is sitting there being an asset that's not being used. I'm going to lose money selling it unfinished, but it seems better than the alternatives.

1964 FJ45LV.

327/3 speed conversion done many years ago pulled for a 1FZ-FE/A343/AWD transfer from a 97 FZJ80. All hooked up. Runs very well. No codes. Spare A343. Head rebuilt. Injectors cleaned and balanced. New ignition parts. exhaust manifold modified for O2 sensor. PS pump rebuilt. all new gaskets and seals. everything painted or powdercoated. Fired right up on Saturday after sitting for 4 months.
New driveshafts
Front axle from a 78 FJ40. Birfield axles. disk brakes. new calipers, rotors, lines, hoses, seals. new drive flanges. blasted and powder coated rims. stock rear hubcaps over drive flanges. New shocks. New spring bushings. New u-bolts.
Rear axle stock. Air shocks in rear. New bushings and u-bolts.
Body stripped to bare metal inside and out. Rust repaired with steel. body painted with self-etching primer, epoxy primer, high build primer then single stage urethane paint. 1964 Lily White and 2009 pyrite mica. Non-professional paint. Needs rubbed out and polished.
armored side panels with sliders and rear section with tube bumper all installed with countersunk screws.
New custom exhaust.
Huge aussie outback fuel tank mounted under rear and armored.
33" BFG ATs. Brand new spare.
Non-working Belleview winch. Needs motor repaired. Rebuilt internals.
New turn signals, rear lenses, hood latches, hub caps.
Rear seat and door panels upholstered in 3rd gen 4Runner Oak cloth. Front buckets from 3rd gen 4runner, but wrong year so cloth pattern doesn't match exactly. 4Runner 3 point retractable seat belts in front. New black seat belts in rear.
Cheap oak carpet put in to get pattern for future custom nice carpet. Interior lined with Lizardskin sound and heat deadener. Doors and roof lined with bubble insulation. New SOR headliner.
Smittybuilt center console with USB radio. section added for auto stick with PRNDL. Speaker pods under front seats.
OBDII scan link in dash with custom Toyota radio blank cover on electric opener.
Self contained 40 style heater.
All pewter trimmed interior accessories powdercoated
80 gauges in stock dash pod.
80 series fuse panels and relay boxes retained wherever possible.
Push button CDL. Low range is selected with 45 series low range lever on dash.
Comes with original, unobtanable Exclusively Land Cruisers Mud sticker!

Needs:
paint rubbed out and polished. It's not a great paint job.
wiring under dash cleaned up. It works, but it's unsightly.
PO installed GM wiper motor. I installed a later model 40 motor so it would have 2 speeds. The arm from the motor to the linkage is too short so the wiper travel is about half what it should be. A longer arm or 1 speed motor from a early 45LV will fix it.
Windshield isn't cut perfectly. It works, but could be better.
passenger side rear window gasket is wrong. it works, but needs replaced with a 2 piece 40 w/s gasket.
Has touchy handling at 60 mph+. Alignment is spot on. Could be rear shocks. Could be something else. I think it is something simple.
needs better carpet.
Wing vent gaskets are pretty whupped. Unobtainium. They are functonal, just not pretty.
winch doesn't work. Looks good though.
t/s switch doesn't return on it's own.

Most everything it needs is 1 banana stuff that someone without a lot of cruiser knowledge can do. Body work and engine swap stuff is done.

Extensive build thread

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/4-5lv-build.248944/

$20,000 or best.

Start a conversation here, or email to GumbyFJ55@gmail.com. Please don't contact me just to collect pictures. There are plenty online already. Please have somebody inspect this vehicle. I don't want any surprises. I've been a member of this community for many, many years and I don't want somebody to be upset at a deal they got because they weren't fully aware of what they are getting. If something changes with the house or finances I might well pull it off the market to finish on my own.

I'll get more pics if I can get home before dark sometime this week. I dug it out of the garage, but I'm not home between 6AM and 8PM so it's tough to get good pics in the light. There are lots of pics in the build thread.

image.jpg

Great looking truck! GLWS!

The guy who wanted to buy it in Oct said he couldn't come look at it until Nov. Then he pushed that back until Dec. and I said I couldn't keep waiting and would have to entertain other offers, but wouldn't post it. Of course the guy who bitched and whined that I wouldn't sell it to him couldn't buy it when I said it was now available. I emailed guy number one this morning and sure enough, he's out now as well.

So buy my 45LV, but know I'm done holding it on promises.

I'm a player if I can unload my bj42lx quickly but certainly not going to ask you to hold it for me. Looks like an amazing rig.

wow. I remember driving that truck on a "45 Run" easing it down the Deer Valley trail.
Tempting...

are the springs stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom