1964 FJ45LV - One of few Good Resto Canidates left (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Red Fox Ranch

SILVER Star
Threads
**NEW Rock Bottom price, no OFFERS** This FJ45LV was a California truck, then to the high desert of Northern New Mexico, so it is very, very SOLID! Probably one of few left in the Country that would be a worthwhile platform to end up with a nice restoration. As a bonus I have every part that is not in good shape on this one that goes with it including: Front bib, rear hatch, extra OEM fuel tank, 3 tailgates (one of which is perfect, pictured), All factory seats, factory spare tire carrier, 2 complete nice frames, with matching number VIN tags for firewalls, and matching clear titles in my name. If you've been looking for the right LV project, you will not ever find one like this again. Floors are solid, rockers are solid, underside is solid, roof is solid, this truck is the most rust-free I've seen as far as LV's go, period. More pictures upon request for interested SERIOUS parties.

$3500 Firm - This is as low as I go, this is what I have in it, gotta get this much... and it is worth it!

Located in Morgan, Utah
IMG_1748.jpg
IMG_1752.JPG
IMG_1754.JPG

Last edited:
Here is a pic of the good tailgate that goes with it. It also has a funky "Sidewinder" winch that goes with it, pretty rare item I believe?
IMG_1766.JPG
IMG_1751.jpg
IMG_1749.JPG

how does it run/drive/stop? looks great compared to some i see advertised around the same price.

oh, so a 45lpb body sits on the "extra frame?" I'll take 'em.

how does it run/drive/stop? looks great compared to some i see advertised around the same price.

Oh yeah I didn't mention that it doesn't have an engine/trans/t-case so it doesn't run/drive/stop. But I could throw in a rebuildable 2F / 4-speed and t-case with the sale.

New Lower price, make me an offer, you may be surprised. Need to move it, I got a new 40 project to start working on!

I believe most LC enthusiasts, or most hobbyists, in general, are being more frugal w/ their purchases during the "times". You may have to sit on it a little longer now than you would have 5 yrs. ago. The percentage of buyers who want to pay for an all stock rig & live w/ the ancient drivetrain will be way less than someone who wants to update to more modern & bearable drivetrain, IMO. If that was a rolling shell, we'd be talking :D

I appreciate that '64, and dreamed of what it could be for a family week-end/day trip rig...unfortunately...just not at a time and place in my life where I could make it happen :frown:

I believe most LC enthusiasts, or most hobbyists, in general, are being more frugal w/ their purchases during the "times". You may have to sit on it a little longer now than you would have 5 yrs. ago. The percentage of buyers who want to pay for an all stock rig & live w/ the ancient drivetrain will be way less than someone who wants to update to more modern & bearable drivetrain, IMO. If that was a rolling shell, we'd be talking :D

This is a perfect shell, and it rolls just fine! ;)

I appreciate that '64, and dreamed of what it could be for a family week-end/day trip rig...unfortunately...just not at a time and place in my life where I could make it happen :frown:

Well I'm not in any hurry, if I keep it I will just end up building it myself because it is the nicest starting platform I've seen. I won't take a bath on it, I gotta get what I have into it or I will just keep it in the hoard!

It is one of the nicer lv's out there from what I can tell... I too appreciate the 'ancient' aspects of it; that's what makes it appealing to me. It is a 1964 Toyota... I guess I'm that guy who cannot understand a V8 conversion, automatics, etc. I would even be on the fence for an H or B diesel swap... Just me!! ;)

I will also add that if this truck had an F or 2F w/ 3/4 speed installed and running, I'd probably buy the truck. So, somebody needs to help me out and buy this!

while i'm at it... what is the history of this beast? what happened to the original drive train?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom