1964 FJ45LV for sale, Wyoming, $7k obo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Selling a 1964 FJ45LV. This was a daily driver until 2008. The clutch went out and it has been stored outside since. The body is relatively straight but does have body filler in the driver side cowl area. This has grey primer on it in the pic. This is the only FJ45 I have had so I cant say if the rust is typical. It has rust in the rear floors and the front of the rear wheel wells, as well as the lower rear quarters. The roof, cowl, fenders, headlight bib, and doors are solid. It is missing a couple inside handles and one door panel. The front and rear seats appear complete, and the spare tire and mount are all there. The frame appears solid and the axles and springs seem decent. There is surface rust on the exposed part of the frame and axles but not any deep pitting. Some original frame and axle paint is still there. I cleaned out the carb and installed new gaskets and accelerator pump and filled it with fresh gas. The motor started right up and idled well. There is minimal rocker noise but no clunks. This was a daily driver until parked and the engine always ran well. It appears to be a 64 era motor but not sure if it is original to this rig. The carb is a GM rochester 1 barrel. Comes with some extra parts like a hood, another GM rochester carb, fuel tank fill hose. Tires are 31x10.50 15s and are mounted on 76 FJ40 wheels that will work with disc brake conversions. The brake and clutch masters are the originals with the metal reservoirs. I cleaned and honed them but the rubber pistons were shot and they dont hold fluid. The clutch and brakes did function briefly until the fluid leaked. The clutch is not able to take power though as it is shot.
P1010125.JPG

P1010127.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Clear Wyoming title. VIN is FJ4515102

Yes it was for sale on ebay. But the owner was not aware of that. It was recovered by the Sheriffs dept and is now available with the original title issued in 2001. I have that title in my hand. The person who listed it on ebay bought it from the son of the person who owned the property that it was being stored on. The auction was a sham as that person was having friends bid up the price. It's not an $11.5 FJ45. Not sure it's a $7k cruiser either. The market will tell. Also, this is an early 1964. I will try to figure out how to edit that.

Yes it was for sale on ebay. But the owner was not aware of that. It was recovered by the Sheriffs dept and is now available with the original title issued in 2001. I have that title in my hand. The person who listed it on ebay bought it from the son of the person who owned the property that it was being stored on. The auction was a sham as that person was having friends bid up the price. It's not an $11.5 FJ45. Not sure it's a $7k cruiser either. The market will tell. Also, this is an early 1964. I will try to figure out how to edit that.

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up Toyrod. I hope she find a good home soon :cheers:

I went ahead and edited it for you. The edit button appears on the lower left of the post on my screen, but I don't know how it looks for non-mods.

I also added it to the LV list. One more found.

I hope that's a $7K LV. that would bode well if/when I choose to sell my 64.

Couple more pics per request I received. I have a bunch of current pics and can take additional pics of anything specific for those that are interested.

P1010131.JPG

P1010144.JPG

P1010141.JPG

Last ones for now.

P1010136.JPG

P1010133.JPG

Couple pics of the floors. The grey matter in the cargo area is some spilled latex paint. It scrapes off fairly easy.

P1010139.JPG

P1010142.JPG

Gotta love them LVs!!! Looks pretty solid.

Good looking truck..... Wish I had metal skills.:hillbilly:

Put this on ebay with a 6k reserve. Got a couple offers here but transporting a non-op from Wyoming seems to be an i$$ue.

Oh man that's a tempting project to take on. Sheridan isn't too far from me either - in Denver, CO.

Have a flatbed trailer too....good thing for me is that it's full of FJ40 parts and I can't take 'em off. Guess its providence keeping me from acquiring another project right now :)

Best of luck on the eBay auction - you've described it honestly and that's a huge plus for ya!!

Oh man that's a tempting project to take on. Sheridan isn't too far from me either - in Denver, CO.

Have a flatbed trailer too....good thing for me is that it's full of FJ40 parts and I can't take 'em off. Guess its providence keeping me from acquiring another project right now :)

Best of luck on the eBay auction - you've described it honestly and that's a huge plus for ya!!

It's currently on a flatbed trailer for your convenience!

Pm sent
I'm in rapid city
Please call when you got a few min to chat

I knew something was funny about it when I looked at it on the ladies yard behind her shop. That explains it.

Wish I had the money for it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom