Builds 1963 FJ45V in The Netherlands (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found this very early FJ45V in Australia. It took some time but this weekend it started her trip to The Netherlands. So I think it is time to start my thread.

We are talking about a 1963 FJ45V with VIN 3-FJ45-13304 (sorry Clemson).

The story: Me and my dad are restoring a 62 FJ40 some of you know from the 25 section. In a thread I posted that I would love to get a LV once (after the 40 is finished). Prompt I received a PM from Andy Budge about a 45V for sale in Australia. It was nice but sadly it was sold before I was able to jump on it. I was in no hurry but I set a google search alert on "FJ45V". Some time later one showed up in Queensland. The seller didn't reply my messages but Andy and Catskinner did the talking for me. I received a couple of pics and they show the car is quite rusty. The price was right and with some more help the deal was made. My new australian friends helped me a lot.

I asked a car shipper for a shipping price but also asked a business contact who has experience with overseas shipping if he knows a way to ship it. He was able to do it a lot cheaper but I had o find a way to get the car in the container. Cult offered me to help me and together with Catskinner they loaded and secured it in the container.
Catskinner, Cult and Andy, thank you very much for all of your time and help!!!:cheers:

The FJ45V is a former state emergency vehicle and was used as an ambulance. So no rear bench (the front bench is present) but lots of early details are present.

Here it is. The stock wheels are gone but Cult had some hubcap clipped split wheels that are shipped in and on the vehicle:
IMG_4908.jpg

Stamped bezel :)
IMG_9241.jpg

White speedo and darth vader light
IMG_4914.jpg

stock driveline (with 3 spd floor shift), elephant horns
IMG_3868.jpg

funky ashtray (stock?)
IMG_4917.jpg

It didn't run in many years. There is some serious rust in the floors and roof. So driving it as it is won't work. We will make plans after the car arrives in The Netherlands in a couple of weeks Then we'll see what we really bought. And probably store it untill the FJ40 is finished.

BTW FJ45LV's were never officially imported in Europe. I know of 2 now, one in the Netherlands (VIN 20234) and one in Germany (from Costa Rica IIRC). So this is extremely rare here, one of the reasons we wanted it. We're very excited and can't wait to see it in real.

Awesome.... Congrats on your find!

That car is probably the most stock Landcruiser I've ever seen. There is a bit of rust in the floor and the gutters are a bit far gone but it's a fully complete truck that's never, ever been interfered with. It's an ideal candidate for a restoration by a father and son team in Western Europe. Congrats Paul and I think if there's someone who can bring this old girl back to life then you are it.

Well done.

funky ashtray (stock?)

Looks to be stock. I have never seen that ash tray on the dash. Thats the same one that is on the back of the front bench seat on FJ45 LV's.
You have the same one on the back of your front bench seat.
Congrats on your new Cruiser.

Sorry I wasn't able to come and help load this and have a look at it, looks like a good honest vehicle.

Shame its leaving the country, but these are sorely undervalued here.

Good luck with the restoration, and I hope it arrives safe and sound.

Paul i don't remember pulling the cover off so I don't know sorry

But I do know it has a nice 1961 manual with it
Anybody know if this is the first edition of 40/45 workshop manuals ?
image.jpg

Great find ! Congrats, nice that you saved it.

:cheers:

Paul, great find! And I am reading above that it is complete. That is huge. Looking forward to seeing you driving it around Europe and educating the masses. Rare Bird indeed. Am sure folks will love that thing over there. It looks fantastic in the pics, has a real original glow to it doesn't it. Cheers, fjfjfj

Hi Paul,
Nice to find another Dutch 45 cruizerhead. I just started on a '73 fj45lp... new to the forum so will have to figure out how everything works, but would like to get in touch.

Hi Gert Jan,

Welcome to mud! I will send you a PM. You'll soon find out how everything works here, and you'll spent hours and hours reading all the great builds and restorations. About all the info you need is here, and if you can't find it, just ask, people are really helpfull!

But most important: start a thread and post pictures. Everyone loves pictures. If I remember correct you need 10(?) posts before you can post pictures, but when you sent them to me I can post them for you.

Have fun!

Paul

:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:It arrived today! One tyre gave up during the trip and a piece of the rotating beacon was next to the car in the container, but it survived the trip without any further problems! Looks like the gearbox is stuck in gear and at a first quick look it seems the engine is stuck. And the clutch doesn't work so it doesn't roll... But it looks like you guys in Australia rolled it in. Probably put it in gear after that and is now stuck...
IMG_6149.JPG
IMG_6160.JPG

Just had to make this picture, just like the other pic below:
IMG_0022.JPG

Last edited:
Brilliant! I figured 6 x 2500kg straps [15t of restraints] would hold it firm. Glad it made it safe! Guess what now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom