eBay 1963 FJ45 Short Bed - Professionally Restored (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SOLD- Just jaw dropping. Amazing Restoration. 1963 Fix Top Factory Short Bed in Toyota Heath Grey

http://r.ebay.com/m1Rfq6

You Tube Video

Last edited:
Where was the battery?

Why under the driver seat, of course.

Early Land Cruisers were configured with battery and tool / jack box under the seat.

Why under the driver seat, of course.

Early Land Cruisers were configured with battery and tool / jack box under the seat.

As far as I know I the FJ25 was the only Land Cruiser imported to the US with the battery mounted on the frame in that location. The tool box area was small towards the center. The floor was gone in the rest of the area. Have a couple 61 FJ40s and the battery was under the hood on the right side where is was until the FJ40 ended.

Looks great but Why not say the earliest "left hand drive" fj45 instead of earliest known fj45 when there's 4 older ones in Australia and one in the USA somewhere that are rhd
@tahoe40/45 those are the change over doors that have the slide regulator style door catches on the later winder regular doors, they are correct for that period of serial number

I was looking on the fj45 registry. Didn’t realize there was a SWB one separately. Until later. One of the earliest known still.

You guys are a tough crowd- And I’m one of you. I think is the best thing ever- but I’m a bit biased.

Last edited:
@tahoe40/45 those are the change over doors that have the slide regulator style door catches on the later winder regular doors, they are correct for that period of serial number[/QUOTE]

I know those are the correct doors for the year(even with early catches), I meant that the drivers side regulator is on the passenger side and vise versa. This was done on a Cruiser i had years ago, and sometimes the window will slip off of the regulator arm.

BTUMAN Im not bashing the work on this Cruiser, it looks really nice. Just was trying to help by mentioning that the regulators were reversed.

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 8.23.40 AM.png

1209191-20-large.jpg

it does have the early oddball door latches.

I question the full nut and bolt restoration.....fuse box in wrong place, carburetor isn't correct and floor shifters.

still very nice rig.

wonder what they used for the rear of the cab around the windows, it was hard to see in the video.

Very nice 45! The bezel around the gauge is white. Is this typical for this year or would it have been pewter like older models?

I question the full nut and bolt restoration.....fuse box in wrong place, carburetor isn't correct and floor shifters.

still very nice rig.

wonder what they used for the rear of the cab around the windows, it was hard to see in the video.

still very nice rig.

“....question the nut and bolt restoration”.

Why would you say that? Essentially questioning intergrity here with comments like that. It’s ok to ask questions like why we used newer fuse box and location (due to new wiring harness)- but that doesn’t mean it’s not a professional frame off nut and bolt.

I’m a member hear. Ask. Send IM. SMH
♂️

And the material for the rear cabin- we’ll, we found the exact material as original. I guess we did that right but someone would cry foul if I reveal the source.

I literally post these here first for the community to have first dibs on the cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom