1963 FJ40 FST Q's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great photos and explanation.

I have broken many PTO shear pins pulling stumps, so good luck with that. Bring a pin punch and prepared to get on your back under the truck and enjoy the thrill of removing a broken shear pin.

No stump pulling for me, I sold it today. I did send a ziplock full of shear pins with the new owner though...

Clearly I needed to find this thread moons ago. Having a lot of the same issues you’ve crossed with my ‘63 45. Builds - 1963 FJ45L SWB Fixed Top "Sweet Simplicity"
And I’ve been looking for a ‘63 plate from either Gem (1G) or Boise (6B) which is where I’m at, but to no avail. That 1G plate is the first I’ve seen in my hunt.

You mean these plates? Hanging on my garage now. I've been looking for a '65 Owyhee County plate for my LPB forever.

20200602_063158.jpg

20200602_063238.jpg

Yeah, if they need another place to hang I’ve got one 😆.

I’ve seen a couple sets of ‘63 Owyhee truck plates. I’ll keep a lookout for ‘65s.

Last edited:
Hate to beat an old subject (get it? 😆) but do you have rough dimensions on the relief area, depth/length? Are we talking sub-inch in depth or over an inch? I’m trying to build confidence to take on my hump, thinking about cutting and replacing a bump (on the hump). Ok I’ll quit now.

I honestly don't remember, but my guess is yes, less than an inch in depth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom