SOLD 1963-64 FJ40/FJ45 Front Door Set (Bugcatcher) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@MadMace đź‘Ť
I'll send a few pics and check on Fastenal.

@MadMace

After thinking about it, I looked at the doors on my FJ45. The doors I was going to sell are a lot better. It would be silly to let them go.

However, maybe the doors on my 45 would work for your needs?

IMG_20180107_090449.jpg

IMG_20180107_090112.jpg

IMG_20180107_092113.jpg

IMG_20180107_092744.jpg

Looks like you 45 runs on Light beer--here in Texas, we only given 'em Shiner Bock.

Thanks for the pics. Can you shoot a picture of the bugcatcher window hook/bracket on each door? Thanks.

How much are you looking to get for these doors?

I think it was light beer that was it's initial downfall ;) It's been dead for at least 20 years.

It should be here tomorrow or Wed. I'll get some pics for you. I haven't seen it in person for over 2-1/2 years and don't recall what the wings look like.

I think it was light beer that was it's initial downfall ;) It's been dead for at least 20 years.

It should be here tomorrow or Wed. I'll get some pics for you. I haven't seen it in person for over 2-1/2 years and don't recall what the wings look like.
Sounds good, fhanks.

Those are different doors than what @kevos37 shows in his first pic, different heights at the top.

Last edited:
@middlecalf
Nice catch. I see the window frames are different. The extra set I have are the same as @kevos37.

Are the door bottoms the same? Is the difference only in the window/wing frame?

@MadMace
The wing windows on the 45 are basically gone. Replaced by plastic inserts. The wing mechanism that has the knob is present, but the knob is gone.

@pjohnson good questions and I don’t know the answers. I’ve wondered about those questions myself looking for options to repair the doors I have which are all the early ones like kevos’ pictures. I know you can use door weatherstripping for the later doors on the earlier ones, you just have to cut the top part of the stripping off and glue it to the door frame vice to the door Itself.

@middlecalf
Nice catch. I see the window frames are different. The extra set I have are the same as @kevos37.

Are the door bottoms the same? Is the difference only in the window/wing frame?

@MadMace
The wing windows on the 45 are basically gone. Replaced by plastic inserts. The wing mechanism that has the knob is present, but the knob is gone.
Since the doors on my 45 were a little rough I just used the lowers from this earlier set and they seem to fit just fine.

KevO

Since the doors on my 45 were a little rough I just used the lowers from this earlier set and they seem to fit just fine.

KevO

If you you still have the uppers from those doors hang onto them for me if you wouldn’t mind so I can look at them when I’m up there in a couple of weeks.

If you you still have the uppers from those doors hang onto them for me if you wouldn’t mind so I can look at them when I’m up there in a couple of weeks.
No problem. I did a lot of measuring and the lowers are dimensionally identical. Just the glass and the frame are different

Last edited:
Good to know the lowers are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom