1962 toyota fq15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
g'day cobbers, thought you 25 fellas might be interested in this 62 fq15, story is it came down from the northern territory to the owners farm down here in queensland. I see it is missing the rear tub ( had a diesel welder mounted on the back) and the rag top has been sheeted in with tin, the original tube work is still hiding under there so that is good. all pretty much still original, has the f120 engine in it.

62fq15.jpg

Curious did many FQ15s make it to Australia? Be nice if it's days as a work truck were done and ended up in a museum. Don't find them this original very often. Were any of these made LHD? I know these were exported but not like LCs were.

not sure how many came here but I watched the first sniper movie a few weekends ago, it was filmed in north queensland and I noticed a fq15 at the beginning.
some interior pics has fq15l/fw15l stamped on key has teg on other side
62fq15 1.jpg 62fq15l.jpg

Jeez she's a rare one cat. How come you've got the skinny on all the old tin?

The devil inside of me wondered how it'd look as a 2WD hot rod.. :skull:

These were imported everywhere .... But... North America :(

Biggest thing I remember being imported back then was cheap tools and transistor radios. Guess we should be glad Toyota decided to tackle the American market with the Land Cruiser that already had plenty of jeeps around, Land Rover already here and International Harvester Scout just around the corner. Most the FJ15 style vehicles here were military surplus. While not a huge market for these it still might have been worth a try. The FJ45 were popular on ranches out west, Unlike the Toyotpet which wasn't popular anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom