1962 FJ40 Lifted Complete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
fj40bugcatcher.dyndns.org
Just got my FJ 4" lift done awhile ago and thought I'd post some pics. Went with an Rough Country 4" Lift. I managed to find a place that had 2017 prices still posted so I got the kit for $565. I did a Saginaw power steering upgrade a few years ago so I had to loose the Center Arm, so down the road, I will find a decent steering stabilizer.

20190129_141855.jpg

20190129_141831.jpg

20190129_141813.jpg

20190129_141755.jpg

Just got my FJ 4" lift done awhile ago and thought I'd post some pics. Went with an Rough Country 4" Lift. I managed to find a place that had 2017 prices still posted so I got the kit for $565. I did a Saginaw power steering upgrade a few years ago so I had to loose the Center Arm, so down the road, I will find a decent steering stabilizer.

View attachment 1898218

View attachment 1898220

View attachment 1898221

View attachment 1898222

Does this lift make my tires look small? No, honey your tires are perfect.:rofl::flipoff2:

Nice cruiser. Looks like their is something wrong with the rear leaf springs. The shackle angle isn't supposed to be like that on the rear.

Good eye.... scary!

Good looking 40.... Steelies + 33s :cheers:

Those dog bones are going to die. They allow less than 4” of real world articulation and are attached to springs designed to have over 12” of articulation. They have become the suspension limiters.

The early FJ40's with the corrugated top are on the top of my desired list, and your's looks super clean. Is the inside just as nice as the outside? I guess that's my way of asking for pics because I'm super jealous right now..........damn. Yes, I will let you sell it to me.

The early FJ40's with the corrugated top are on the top of my desired list, and your's looks super clean. Is the inside just as nice as the outside? I guess that's my way of asking for pics because I'm super jealous right now..........damn. Yes, I will let you sell it to me.

I haven't taken many inside pics recently. Most are a few years old during painting and print body parts back together. This started as an by ugly green FJ.

Leftside.jpg

Inside.jpg

HPIM0152.jpg

back2.jpg

The style of shackles you are using. You probably should look into larger ones to accommodate the increase in articulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom