For Sale SOLD 1962 FJ40 Factory Soft Top ($2500 Time sensitive price drp) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tank5

SILVER Star
Threads
SOLD SOLD

Limited time price drop to $2500 for just as it is pictured. I found some parts I would like to buy for another project and could use the cash to make that happen. $2500 is less than I have into it. If the other stuff sells then I will be back to asking what I paid for it.

Back on the market, so keeping the option open

I purchased this 62 FST fj40 as pictured but have since bought parts off another original 62 production year fj40 to piece it together. I will add a list of the parts I have not pictured but can pull them out for pictures for anyone interested.

The red top doesn't go with it, I just placed it there to protect it from the elements until I could get it inside. Overall the body is very solid. A little rust through on the rear sill. The passenger rocker will need a little work also. The frame is solid except the front passenger horn leaf spring perch is broke at the frame on the bottom.

It has the original drive train the engine numbers and frame vin all match the data plate. The engine and drive train will need to be rebuilt. I purchased a second 1f engine that has less than 10,000 miles on it to use for parts if needed to rebuild the original motor, I also have a second t-case to replace the cracked t-case on the original. It has the original big window carb and I have the flat top air cleaner lid stored inside.

I have purchased a lot of additional parts not pictured from a 1962 fj40 that was being parted out so everything I have is period correct for a restoration type build.

Additional original parts included:

• Font Seat frames
  • Tailgate with hinges and latches hardware
  • Hood with good spear
  • Fenders
  • Fender aprons
  • Bib with headlight buckets
  • Turn signals
  • Original early radiator
  • Early white faced gauge cluster
  • Ignition
  • Early correct battery tray
  • Original glass fuel filter
  • Matching tin can reservoir master cylinder
  • Gas tank, filler neck, locking gas cap
I have added my name to a list to purchase reproduction soft doors and door frame channels and hope the buyer might want to follow through with that order.

The extra parts are all stored inside and would take some work to dig them out but I am willing to do that for anyone that is seriously interested. There may be a few pieces I left out so please ask if you have any questions.

It does not come with a title, the purchaser would have to get a bonded title or what ever is appropriate in their state. I will issue a bill of sale with it and pass on the bill of sale I received. I have 7000.00 into it so far and would like to try and get that for it but open to negotiating especially if you don't need some of the parts.

Send me a pm if your interested.

P1010654.JPG

P1010655.JPG

P1010656.JPG

P1010657.JPG

P1010658.JPG

Last edited:
Second round of pictures

P1010659.JPG

P1010660.JPG

P1010661.JPG

P1010662.JPG

P1010663.JPG

Third round of pictures

P1010664.JPG

P1010665.JPG

P1010666.JPG

P1010667.JPG

P1010668.JPG

Last round of pictures. I can take more specific pictures for anyone interested, just send me a pm with your email and what you want to see.

P1010672.JPG

P1010673.JPG

P1010674.JPG

No longer for sale. I had a few things fall into place so I am going to keep on the back burner until I can do something with it.

Back on the market. Things change I keep having mixed feelings for this project. So I figure I will make it available and if someone else really wants it I will let it go. Not a flip, if it sells I will be fine just getting back what have in it. I will also sell the project without the extra parts for less obviously if someone already has their own parts stash.

SOLD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom