SOLD 1961 Toyota TEQ Tool Box - Original Tool Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jblatz

GOLD Star
Threads
A 1961 Toyota TEQ tool kit with original tools and packaging. This would be one of the very first FJ40 tool kits and includes some very unusual pieces. Tool box kits this early, with the original tools and cardboard don't show up for sale that often. Here's your opportunity to pick up a unique addition for your special rig.

All tools are unused in excellent condition. Some tools show minor effects of age, others still have their original protective coating. An image of this tool kit from the February 1961 parts catalog is included at the end of the posting.

Asking $999 including shipping within continental US. Please PM to discuss.

full

The kit includes the following pieces:
  • Pliers (200mm) with TEQ logo and the early M.PAT mark, with dimpled grips
  • Lug wrench (23mm) 2-piece, polished, with small TEQ logo
  • Adjustable wrench (250mm), marked Toyota TEQ Motor with oval pad
  • Spark plug wrench (21mm), 2-piece, knurled center with small TEQ logo
  • Screwdriver (150mm), wood handle, flat blade, marked Toyota Motor
  • Screwdriver (75mm), wood handle, flat blade, marked Toyota Motor
  • Screwdriver (100mm), wood handle, No.2 cross-head, marked Toyota Motor
  • Wrench set with blue TEQ wrench clip
    • Open-end wrench (8x9mm), oval handle, marked Toyota TEQ Motor and Nickel Chrome Vanadium
    • Open-end wrench (10x12mm), oval handle, marked Toyota TEQ Motor and Nickel Chrome Vanadium
    • Open-end wrench (12x14mm), oval handle, marked Toyota TEQ Motor and Nickel Chrome Vanadium
    • Open-end wrench (17x19mm), oval handle, marked Toyota TEQ Motor and Nickel Chrome Vanadium
    • Open-end wrench (21x23mm), oval handle, marked Toyota TEQ Motor and Nickel Chrome Vanadium
    • Blue TEQ wrench clip (early 5-wrench set size)
  • Grease pump, marked Toyota TEQ Motor, including a Castle Oil sticker, with early straight nozzle and curved nozzle with chuck
  • Early, dark green, large Toyota TEQ Motor tool box with original cardboard and paper packaging
More images here.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:
That’s the coolest time capsule I’ve ever seen. GLWS.

Worth the price of admission! The grease gun with the Castle Oil sticker is the icing on the cake! That small TEQ logo within the circle on some of the tools is the telltale that it's early. Super super nice, @jblatz ! Can't wait to see that 25 kit!

Last edited:
That is super cool. Boy would my wife be pissed if I bought that....only because I'd have to go buy an early rig to go with it too.
I just happen to have a 1961 FJ40 to go with your new tool kit! 😉

Hijack over Bill. What a great tool kit and a great seller too. GLWS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom