1960 FJ40 on the FJ Cruiser site, Toy screwed up, again!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

UltraFJ40

ที่นี่และมี
SILVER Star
Threads
maybe if they had visited the heritage website they might have learned a few things.

I like the "AVAILABLE LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL" on the side view.

It'll never do what a modded 80 will, but it is good to have a short wheelbase and overhangs. I'll take a hybrid engine if a diesel is never offered.

It's good to see some other pix finally of it.

looks like a 81+ fj40..........and its taking for CCOT web site I am sure. Its not from Toyota.....as it has rear fender flares.

and of course........there was not a 1960 fj40.......but a 60 FJ25

I have emailed Toyota USA about errors before........they do NOT give a rats ass about it.

:D John, just curious if they responded at all? Regardless of what they say it is apparent they don't give a rat's ass. :rolleyes: I don't even bother, a little like expecting someone at the dealership to notice you just arrived in an FJ25. ;p

yes they did........but responding back and forth was like beating my head agaist a wall..........so I gave up

Toyota USA also has a policy to not open attachments or click on links on emails........which is where the proof was that they were incorect.

Cruiser_Nerd said:
:D John, just curious if they responded at all? Regardless of what they say it is apparent they don't give a rat's ass. :rolleyes: I don't even bother, a little like expecting someone at the dealership to notice you just arrived in an FJ25. ;p

I kinda don't mind the fender flares... But the WHITE WAGON WHEELS BLOW! Can't they photoshop some stockers with hub caps. For love of it... AHHHHH

white spoke(just like the fj60 wheels, but white) is correct for the year, those are however not OEM white spokes......

wesintl said:
I kinda don't mind the fender flares... But the WHITE WAGON WHEELS BLOW! Can't they photoshop some stockers with hub caps. For love of it... AHHHHH

color? I think that was a 81+ color. also the fuel door

wesintl said:
Yeah.. I'm familar with the stock whites. What makes it an 81 vs a 79 that you can see?

i do like the 'we used monster dna' quotation though...

malphrus

It'll be a capable and decent vehicle, but I'm feeling like they are putting just as much of a "lack of effort" into it as they are "effort". I'm beginning to think Toyota knows virtually nothing about marketing (or worse, they don't care).

They should have hyped it up and used a little more agression during the design phase.

In the end, it'll disappear in less than the typical Toyota 7 year run of a particular line.

Doug

Maybe problem #1 is that the new FJ Cruiser is/was designed in the US.

I also wonder if Toyota intentionally made the 1960 or whatever Cruiser mistake.

Or perhaps they just don't give a crap and don't know.

If they'd only ship the 70 series over, or whatever the PX10 thing was.

From a marketing stand point - they have you talking about it - it is like the celebrity sons and daughters trying to make it on their own. Marketing has to include the fathers/mothers who have been a success - Toyota know the only way to sell this thing is to say it is from direct lineage. Toyota will use the word Landcruiser to death in marketing this vehicle. Just wait until you see the TV commercials...

BTW I am not sure I would be proud or market the "near flat windshield"

looking less and less like adventure... :(

Somebody has pointed out the misrepresentation of a 1960 to Mr Toyota. I was showing the site to a buddy of mine this morning and they have changed that little pop up thingy beside the truck. It now says 1960-1983, not "a 1960 Land Cruiser".

Hopefully one of the design guys saw the mistake here on Mud and we'll be getting the removeable top, factory winch and diesel when it hits the showrooms!! I think they might surprise us.

I know, I know, someone slap me.

I am actually starting to like it more and more but I am still disappointed by their effort.

Doug

Mr. Toyota, look to the left.

<<<<<<<<<--------------------- That's a 1960 Toyota Land Cruiser. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom