1960 FJ28L wagon at Barrett-Jackson (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I really really did. I spent more than I planned but man... two of a kind with one being in a museum?? I didn’t want some flipper to get it. It’s in pretty rusty shape but can be saved. Too rough to leave as is in the long term at least.

My plans, for now are probably to store it and spend a lot of time researching. I have an FJ45LV and it looks like this shares some of those parts. But it’s missing a lot of stuff too so I need to educate myself on the 20 series which I’ve never owned. I’ll post a thread soon asking for help. I may contact the LCH museum and see if they’re interesting in taking it on a loan for a little while since SLC isn’t too far from Phoenix.

My head is spinning a little bit right now so I better come up with a plan!

You must have a money tree in your yard.....lol.
It's a pile for sure. Good luck. My pix are here:

Congrats...your LV now has a little brother...or maybe sister? (I'm not sure your wife will buy that rationale, but it's worth a try).

We're all glad it went to an enthusiast and not a flipper. :cheers:

I really really did. I spent more than I planned but man... two of a kind with one being in a museum?? I didn’t want some flipper to get it. It’s in pretty rusty shape but can be saved. Too rough to leave as is in the long term at least.

My plans, for now are probably to store it and spend a lot of time researching. I have an FJ45LV and it looks like this shares some of those parts. But it’s missing a lot of stuff too so I need to educate myself on the 20 series which I’ve never owned. I’ll post a thread soon asking for help. I may contact the LCH museum and see if they’re interesting in taking it on a loan for a little while since SLC isn’t too far from Phoenix.

My head is spinning a little bit right now so I better come up with a plan!

good job!!

I’ve never bought a cruiser planning to sell it, but everyone I have sold I came out ahead on so I have some credibility built up with the wife. She isn’t excited like I am but all I got was a shrug and “ok, hope you know what you’re doing”. She loves the LV so that helps.

I also am lucky to have a very close friend that owns a restoration shop AND will let me store it. Truthfully I had a $ number in my head I wasn’t going past but auctions move so fast... i actually said i was out part way through then changed my mind. I have to say I’m glad I got it. No regrets. I would have been upset had it sold to someone and gone off into oblivion again possibly never to be seen again.

It might have been the vehicle in the toughest shape on that entire lot. But one of a kind is one of a kind. I don’t have a money tree @JackA but frankly just decided there’s no rush to do anything with this one. I just might never see another.

Going to need a lot of help figuring out what this thing looked like new! There’s almost no pictures available that I can find.

I’ve never bought a cruiser planning to sell it, but everyone I have sold I came out ahead on so I have some credibility built up with the wife. She isn’t excited like I am but all I got was a shrug and “ok, hope you know what you’re doing”. She loves the LV so that helps.

I also am lucky to have a very close friend that owns a restoration shop AND will let me store it. Truthfully I had a $ number in my head I wasn’t going past but auctions move so fast... i actually said i was out part way through then changed my mind. I have to say I’m glad I got it. No regrets. I would have been upset had it sold to someone and gone off into oblivion again possibly never to be seen again.

It might have been the vehicle in the toughest shape on that entire lot. But one of a kind is one of a kind. I don’t have a money tree @JackA but frankly just decided there’s no rush to do anything with this one. I just might never see another.

Going to need a lot of help figuring out what this thing looked like new! There’s almost no pictures available that I can find.

Post up some pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom