1960 FJ25 FST's Ebony & Ivory (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fabrilatas Venezuela made the floor panel. Very expensive to ship though FYI I don't think I'd do it again.

Work is moving along on both of these trucks, but I've gotten really bad at posting updates - my apologies. I got the seats upholstered for all 3 25s at the same time (including FHT Warden) with a nice marine grade red vinyl at a local shop. Put together the full bow set for the ivory truck and installed. Had some soft tops made through a contact down in Colombia, and I'm now working on prepping to repaint Ivory. I debated back and forth on doing a full repaint but its really pretty patchy here and there and several areas just don't match. Paint should be done within the next week I hope (waiting for it to warm up here a little bit), then just reassembly. Really have not run into any issues on that truck surprisingly, been very fortunate its really in great shape. I was going to put in a new fully reworked @Coolerman harness on this one but the harness is actually in pretty good shape so I'll likely keep that one for Ebony or Warden.

Ebony will be next on the docket, those floors are all done and I gave them a little bit of a surface rust patina treatment that I think helps them not stand out too much. Since there won't be any paint I hope that truck will go together quicker. I just posted an update on the 28 a few moments ago, but we are moving out of state to Tahoe area end of May so I'm trying to get Ivory together and sold (or maybe up to a consignment place) before I leave. We don't have a garage up in Tahoe as of yet so I'll probably have to store these trucks at a property we have in Phoenix for the near term until that situation changes. Probably won't really have a chance to do much with the FHT before that time, but hoping the future will provide an opportunity to move at least a couple of the trucks up there with me.

I'll try to post some more photos within the next couple of weeks. Here are a few of the floors and one of the new soft tops.

View attachment 3231971

View attachment 3231973

View attachment 3231974
Hi Nathan,

Could you PM me any info on your Columbian soft top source? And maybe post pics of any other colors you got?
I'd given up finding anyone with a pattern to make these. I assume the 1962 FJ40 FST fits the same as an FJ25.

Thanks a million.

Chugging along a little bit on the Ivory project. Decided to do a repaint and go with a modern Toyota gray. Thought it would look better with the khaki soft top. Took it to a friends lift to clean up the undercarriage and respray black down there too. Discovered on the frame it was probably beige at one point. Wish I had the time and money to take it back to that but I need to move this one along. I am loving the gray though and worried I’ll love it too much to let it go!

Interior still needs a matte clear. Hoping to do the exterior later this week sometime.

29C48FD0-A296-4D4C-8E75-EA999F8B1221.jpeg

93A6B657-C0E8-44B9-B53B-D5E3740584BB.jpeg

DA11AC0B-BADB-4ABF-A1BD-7DF02BD50FE1.jpeg

67085425-8A44-4F4F-8480-8B4B3D831569.jpeg

6B1118CF-7A6A-4723-8C0A-BE38B59BE0A8.jpeg

B3392F6F-9F51-4D21-B878-9AAF8ACDEFFA.jpeg

Last edited:
My buddy with the paint booth has been busy, finally finished the gray. I absolutely love the color, going to be hard to let this one go! Wheels still need to be painted to match, but the khaki top and red seats are going to really look good with the gray I think. Should be able to start piecing it back together now.

F69CCB6F-8AEF-469C-99BB-1178A4B9EAC7.jpeg

7877815F-ED18-4C92-9066-1F90728AF7B6.jpeg

95DC7006-8C50-4484-A972-477CB1D68E83.jpeg

I kept this under wraps last couple of years basically out of embarrassment of becoming like many of you other degenerates with too many cruisers ;) kidding of course, so glad we all have each other...

I bought John aka @Living in the Past pair of 1960 FJ25's shortly after I bought the FJ28 "Project Lara" truck a couple of years ago. Thought process at the time was that if I needed 20 series parts this was my best bet vs the painful search for individual parts. However, both trucks are so complete I haven't been able to bring myself to take a single part out of either of them so they've just been sitting. Over time I've also been able to secure most everything I think I need for the 28, and with that project taking the incredibly slow path to restoration I decided last week to get started getting these two back on the road, one at a time. Finally got a better garage space which makes all the difference. My kids are getting a little bigger (4 and 7 now) and like to help daddy in the garage too, so this will likely be a slow process but thankfully neither of the trucks needs the insane amount of body work the 28 needs so I'll just work on them as I have time over the next few years. Also have a retired friend that likes to stay busy and wants to help me out.

Photos from when I picked them up from John a couple years back before putting them in storage.
View attachment 3005262
View attachment 3005264
View attachment 3005265View attachment 3005267View attachment 3005266
Hi.

I m Bart from Belgium Europe. I m looking for a Fj 25. Maybe you can help me?
Kind regards

Quick update - haven't been on here in a bit after a big move over the summer. Another member contacted me and really wanted Ivory (the one with the new gray paint) so it's no longer with me. I don't have the garage space for all of my cruisers anymore after the move to Tahoe so I knew some of them were going to have to go. Still planning to work on Ebony (patina truck) hopefully this spring or summer though, doesn't need a ton of work really just reassembly and getting it running. Back burner for now while we finish a home remodel up here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom