1960 FJ25 FREE? almost (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1960 FJ 25 FREE almost
newer (1972 approx) engine, transmission, rear diff, windshield & frame and driver side seat
I have the original transmission, windshield (cracked) & frame (with vacuum wipers) and driver side seat. (goes with vehicle) Has the original generator
16 inch wheels, front are original, might be older Chevrolet on the rear
Has the original large fill gas tank with smaller fill cap added to the top.
Restorable condition but it will not be a scuff and spray.
Dents and rust: Bed area has holes over cross members, mid-tub cross member rusted, rear body sill has been repaired, bottom of both rear quarters (by PO). Lots of surface scaling rust on bottom side looks a lot scarier in the photos. No major accident damage just dings, dents, bumps and bruises.
History;
This FJ25 has worked, I was told it was a PA Dept of Forestry vehicle, It has a PA Dept of Revenue Serial Plate this is the number that is listed on the title. It has the original vin plate also. It was also used on a dairy farm. Since I have owned the “25”, it has skidded logs, was used to clear a railroad bed dragging ties used several years as a push vehicle at the local circle track and as a track vehicle at my 4x4 track Muddy Run Raceway.
I’ve owned it over 20 years. Had it licensed for first several years but parked it when the throw out bearing failed a several of years ago. I did have it running this week. (Top in photos does not go with vehicle) More photos are available and will post
Here’s the deal:
I am looking for a shop or individual who would be willing to finish my wife’s 1965 FJ40 in exchange for this vehicle.
Lots of the hard stuff is done. V6 Buick Engine, 4speed trans, new springs, bushings, quarters, rockers. Fire wall has been smoothed, transmission hump reshaped, ½ doors made. Most of the stuff that needed sand blasting is done. I have most of the parts to complete this rig as new or used. Lots of stainless steel hardware. Front seats are recovered, Factory style rollbar,
I have the steering (column and power steering box) from a 1984 FJ60 and differentials from a 1978 FJ40 to be cleaned, prepped and installed.
Vehicle will need body work finished, painted, Duralined, wired, reassembled, all the stuff I love to do but don’t have the time to do. Anyone who has done one of these understands what needs done.
I have photos of what has been done (and needs done) and will go into greater details to the interested parties. Will post next.
Arrangements for vehicle transportation and all the details will have to be worked out depending on your location and my schedule.
I am in PA and would prefer the work be done East of the Mississippi, but this is not a mandatory requirement. (I.E. it is closer to St Louis than Daytona from where I’m at)
I was going to rebuild the “25” with a 327 Chevy, to replace the 1981 FJ40 I had sold to pay everything off before we got married. The first summer after that my wife said “I don’t have a convertible to drive around.” Fast forward eight years;
My wife is on her third tour to Iraq and will be coming back late this year.
I don’t want to part with my “25”, But it is more important to me to have this done for her when she comes home.
HPIM1008.jpg
HPIM1014.jpg
HPIM1021.jpg

Last edited:
Too bad we are on different sides of this continent, finishing your wifes rig is the kinda voodoo that I do. Someone on the EAST COAST pipe up now. Good luck, John Pardi, Calif.

The shorter drive I have the happier I'll be. I'll see if I have any bites on this coast.

Man, if I didn't have the 45lv and the 50 to finish I'd be all over it.

I'm a bit far away too, barely in the east of the mississippi thing.

Let me know if nothing else comes through.

I need another cruiser like a hole in the head, but a 25, a 45lv and a 2 door 55 would be a nice trio to have.

I'm not afraid of any drive. My wife was stationed seven years in El Paso TX(2000 miles one way), But business requires me to stay part time in PA and I commuted. Muddy Run Raceway

and if the next owner doesn't want that 25 trans/tcase....I'm a willing buyer;)

Thank you for the interest, if you know of any one that might want a "25" that has more time than money, this might be the way for them to get one.
Right now my Toys are worth than my retirement.
I would have rather some one with interest in a "25" bite on this rather than list it on ebay and then pay someone to do it. If a Cruiser nut was to finish it I would not have to babysit them and explain every part.
I am considering throwing my 1965 FJ45 Wagon up as an alternate may be some one would rather have it. It would be tough to rebuild but has lots of original low mileage parts. 28k mileage (PO said "It was a hunting lodge vehicle in the Poconos, and driven mostly in the winters and salt")
I have an album posted if some one wants to check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom